Cody Ceci

Will Ceci rise to the Occasion and be a good #6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Advanced stats aren’t real but I say yes. I think we’ll barely notice him good or bad.

Last edited:

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
My problem is then don't sign Ruh and Rik if you weren't going to trust them to be 6 and 7. Waste of their time and our cap space.
You still need to have a 7 and 8 dman on the roster in case of injury. No team just carries 6 dmen. So Ruhwedel is not hurting the cap space and Riikola is only $450k extra cap space than a minimum salary player.

Strakanator

Sep 21, 2007
Carrying 8 D is incredibly dumb if you think any of your D prospects might be ready for the NHL.

If you want your prospects to get another year of seasoning and no NHL time, then it makes sense.

Pens are essentially shutting the door on the D prospects next year with this signing.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Carrying 8 D is incredibly dumb if you think any of your D prospects might be ready for the NHL.

If you want your prospects to get another year of seasoning and no NHL time, then it makes sense.

Pens are essentially shutting the door on the D prospects next year with this signing.

Nah, Marino made an even more impossible leap last year and the team cleared space for him in a hurry. If any of the kids can push Ceci out of the lineup, they will let them play, I think.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
JR’s brain during R.E.M.

4ji8ad.jpg

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone said Gudbranson sucked, and I actually thought he was alright here. I wish we had him on our bottom pairing still. That stint gives me a glimmer of hope for Ceci
Gudbranson didn’t suck though, people just went straight to that mentality with him because he wasn’t who anyone wanted especially for Pearson, a bloke Sully didn’t seem to like using the correct way and yeah.

I liked Gudbranson in a 3rd pairing role with Riikola would have been the ideal 3rd pair, then you can keep Pettersson and Marino together, but we went from that to something horrific in record time.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Carrying more than 13 forwards and 7 D is a waste of cap space IMO. You can find Ruhwedel-caliber players on two-way deals, or just call up a Joseph or Maniscalco.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Gudbranson didn’t suck though, people just went straight to that mentality with him because he wasn’t who anyone wanted especially for Pearson, a bloke Sully didn’t seem to like using the correct way and yeah.

I liked Gudbranson in a 3rd pairing role with Riikola would have been the ideal 3rd pair, then you can keep Pettersson and Marino together, but we went from that to something horrific in record time.

Riikola and Oleksiak (a somewhat similar player to Gudbranson) were the tandem that did so well in camp a couple of years ago, and many of us thought Riikola looked good enough to get some playing time in the regular season, but then "many of us" are not Mike Sullivan. If he succeeded with Oleksiak he probably could have done something similar alongside Gudbranson.

As far as Gud, people were pleasantly surprised by him here at first because everything we heard about him regarding his time in Vancouver placed him, on a scale of 1 to 10, at about -100. When he got to Pittsburgh he was a solid 2 on that scale -- way better than -100 but nobody you'd really want around, particularly with the contract he had.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
My problem is then don't sign Ruh and Rik if you weren't going to trust them to be 6 and 7. Waste of their time and our cap space.

how do you think that wastes cap space?. Im really interested in this answer.

i really dont think you understand how cap space works

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Riikola and Oleksiak (a somewhat similar player to Gudbranson) were the tandem that did so well in camp a couple of years ago, and many of us thought Riikola looked good enough to get some playing time in the regular season, but then "many of us" are not Mike Sullivan. If he succeeded with Oleksiak he probably could have done something similar alongside Gudbranson.

As far as Gud, people were pleasantly surprised by him here at first because everything we heard about him regarding his time in Vancouver placed him, on a scale of 1 to 10, at about -100. When he got to Pittsburgh he was a solid 2 on that scale -- way better than -100 but nobody you'd really want around, particularly with the contract he had.
I still wish they'd move Riikola to a team that will use him just so I can see if I was right or wrong about him. On the Pens we'll never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad