Cody Ceci

Will Ceci rise to the Occasion and be a good #6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
He sucks, but he doesn't suck as much as JJ. Hopefully he finds his way out of the lineup and Riikola takes his place sooner than later.

But we'd have to go on a pretty steep losing streak and Sully would have to be fired for that to happen.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I'm willing to give him a shot as a new Penguin player, it's up to him to succeed or not.
At least if he fails it will only count 175k buried in the AHL, not 6 years of dead cap space.

I'm more worried about Matheson, if he suck we're stuck with him forever, but you know, Hornqvist.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
All it takes is one game for Simmonds to concuss Dumoulin and then Letang gets hurt avenging him and we have this...

Matheson Marino
Pettersson Ceci
Riikola Ruhwedel
Joseph Trotman
I'd say most teams in the league would be in danger of having bottom pairing guys play too much when their top two defensemen get injured.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The last two times we got a former Leafs player that was 'absolutely terrible' (Hal Gill and Phil) it worked out pretty well.

He's played in Ottawa and Toronto so far in his career. It's not outlandish to think he can turn it around in a (hopefully) better structured team that is not in a city that is a circus to play in...even though the majority of the reporters that cover the team are clowns.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Honestly, I have more faith in a player who is terrible in turning it around. :laugh: Outside of Zucker, it feels like every player that comes highly praised for their game ends up being majorly disappointing on the Pens.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
On left defense, we have Dumolin, Petterson, Matheson, and Riikola.
On right defense, we have Letang, Marino, Ceci, Ruhwedel.

I hope we can actually have a healthy defense this year, otherwise our bottom 4 is gonna see top 4 time, and that worries me.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Alex Ponikarovsky feels attacked.
36nhtj.png

I've been cynical on every move since that bum.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Peak Ceci right here

There's nothing wrong here. Ceci made the right play, just bad luck as the Ducks player accidentally blocked the puck turning to the bench.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Literally every team will look like shit if their top pairing is out for any reasonable amount of time.
Yea, it was kind of a joke. Everyone is running around losing their minds over a low risk signing of Ceci. Also, that whole ridiculous outdoor game against the Flyers where we lost our top pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad