Value of: Cody Ceci

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He has the worst Relative Corsi For% of any full-time defenseman on his team. Which is a recurring theme for him.
it's almost the same as Rielly's, and Ceci's relative xgf% is far better than Rielly's. Also I don't mind that his possession numbers look bad relative to the best possession team in the league

Reactions: qqaz

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
mike green 50% retained gives leafs better talent plus cap . for a propect d or c .

Mike Green would rather retire than play for Babcock again. Not going to happen.

Ceci has been fine. There's no reason for Toronto to trade him unless they add significantly for an upgrade coming back. But losing him without getting a different RHD just kills the slot allocation for the whole blueline.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
You're not getting anything of value for Ceci, imo. Best course of action is to play out the year, let him walk and have Dermott/Lilly fill his spot his next season. Maybe there's a "change of scenery" type of trade out there, but I don't see why the LEafs would trade a RHD for cap at another position.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
I think they should try and resign him cheap.
And try and resign muzzin.

Let Barrie walk, he's going to want too much money.
Next season:

Reilly - Ceci
Muzzin - Dermott
Sandin - Liljegren

Not ideal, but it is much more feasible than trying to fit in Barrie at 7M+

Reactions: hector morrison

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Straight up, what's his value at his current cap hit?

I'd assume a 2020 5th at best, but I'm ears for anything else.
I can't see a team even wanting him for free. He's a # 7 D-man being paid 4.5 mil a season. WTG Dubass.:laugh::laugh:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Has he been good? To say he hasn’t been bad is not the greatest compliment.

He's winning his minutes in a top pairing role. IMO showing at about a ~4D level because with the firepower in front of him just winning the minutes isn't enough.

There's a few jokers that will call him a 7 with no support, but those posts tend to be worth the ink they're printed with.

Last edited:

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
No one is saying he is ideal, but 5v5 for D he is 6th in the league in points, 4th P1. CF% is 55th. QOC is 10th (5th for RHD). and 13th in league for minutes.
For all situations he is 25th in points, 19th P1.

His zone start ratio is 15th worst in the league at 35.6

(all numbers reference corsica, 100 minutes, D)

So I'm not sure what people want. He plays insane minutes both on the ice and for toughness of competition, gets no PP time and is absolutely set up to fail, yet still produces top pairing points and really solid Corsi for his deployment. And at the position that may be hardest to fill in the NHL.

I agree there are times you ask yourself what was he doing (although far far less than Reilly), but to think someone with those kind of number is waiver wire fodder is foolish.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
We had dozens of ceci value threads last year and he wouldn’t attract anything at all. Now he’s a leaf and their fans are pretending he’s been good and want something more. This isn’t shocking.
He stinks. He flat out f***ing stinks at the sport. But this trade got you out of a contract jam and you’ll be grateful for that. I can’t see a team making a move for ceci

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
It would be fantastic if Ceci played well enough to get re-signed because you just know he's going to go back to being dogs***. A polished turd is still a turd.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If that’s true, why would the leafs trade him when your rhd is weak? Ceci has not looked good at all.

Overblown. He hasn't been great, but he has been adequate.
Barrie seems to be much better than Gardiner, just from the eye test.

Ceci will walk along with others next off season, and as others have said
He'll drop down, when Dermott comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad