Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I have been patient with Ceci, but having said that, he hasn't gotten much better, and I wouldn't be sad to find out that we have traded him for something of value while other teams still believe that he can be better.

Perhaps a management shake up and a new system would be a benefit to him as well.

Change is needed....

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I have been patient with Ceci, but having said that, he hasn't gotten much better, and I wouldn't be sad to find out that we have traded him for something of value while other teams still believe that he can be better.

Perhaps a management shake up and a new system would be a benefit to him as well.

Change is needed....

Ceci has been in the league pretty much since he was drafted. It takes time for D to develop. I would not trade Ceci just yet.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ceci has been in the league pretty much since he was drafted. It takes time for D to develop. I would not trade Ceci just yet.

I do agree, but I'm wondering if Ceci is being used properly here under the current system. The way I see it is we could change his role to something more suited, we can trade him while the league still sees him as a young player with potential, or we can keep deploying him as we are and hope that his play doesn't;t stagnate and his value plummet.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is, but I'm not sure Ceci should be one of our top defensive defencemen.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's in his 5th year... he has played 312 NHL games. School is over. He may learn to keep things a little more simple for himself.. but imo what we see is what we get .. I do not see a "Ceci turned the corner" moment coming.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He's in his 5th year... he has played 312 NHL games. School is over. He may learn to keep things a little more simple for himself.. but imo what we see is what we get .. I do not see a "Ceci turned the corner" moment coming.
This

He's played with good D men in the league overall that have help him develop his game (Karlsson, P9, Methot,Big Rig)
If thats all he can show after 300+ games he won't become solid suddenly at game #659.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It seems to me he's getting worse instead of getting better. I used to really like him his first two seasons. Could be his confidence is shot. Could be who he's paired with. Could be what they're asking him to do.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Really curious what kind of deal he's going to get. Sens have like 10M or 11M of open cap for next season and Stone of going to take most of that...

Ceci is so hard to read.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Really curious what kind of deal he's going to get. Sens have like 10M or 11M of open cap for next season and Stone of going to take most of that...

Ceci is so hard to read.
2008-10-16.jpg

Reactions: BigRig4

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hey Ceci my old friend. You gave us fans a slight glimmer of hope for two games and then you just pulled it all away.

24 minutes of garbage last night. Inexcusable to have him on the ice for this long at this point. #BoucherOut

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hey Ceci my old friend. You gave us fans a slight glimmer of hope for two games and then you just pulled it all away.

24 minutes of garbage last night. Inexcusable to have him on the ice for this long at this point. #BoucherOut
Ceci is now going from 1 horrible nightmarish game to 1 good one and then back and forth (although small sample size) Which is better than the 25 terrible ones to the 1 okay period we got last year and most of this year.

Guess that's development.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If we can get Ceci signed for 3 years at a cap hit less than 4 million (3.875 maybe) I guess I can live with it. I’m assuming we’re going to sign him anyway, and I don’t want him to get north of 4 million AAV.

I think if we move Phaneuf and Ceci is given a new d partner it would work in his favour.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If we can get Ceci signed for 3 years at a cap hit less than 4 million (3.875 maybe) I guess I can live with it. I’m assuming we’re going to sign him anyway, and I don’t want him to get north of 4 million AAV.

I think if we move Phaneuf and Ceci is given a new d partner it would work in his favour.

I agree that if his cap hit is less than 4M i think he should be keep. Unless we could have a massive return, which is not to be expected

Ceci work hard, there is no doubt. It seems he care BUT every game that i'm telling myself that he is doing good he do something that revert that thinking. Is he 100% at fault.. I,m ot to sure... He play against player that are well above is level.

I agree that Chabot and Ceci should be paired together.. And not being given the ''top comp''. Give that to Karlsson. He is our #1 Dman and if he is one if the great dman in the league he should more than not play against these player.

Ceci is a strong dman, he can handle the physicality, but he isn't good at handling the puck. And also, he need to not be the man of his pairing. Chabot could be that player, he is that talented.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I could live with under 4 as well. I've been assuming he was going to get a ludicrous 5 million per year, 5 or 6 year deal, but his cap hit now is only 2.8 and he really hasn't played well since signing that contract, so maybe a large raise is not coming as I assumed.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chabot and Ceci should be tried together for an extended period of time.
Actually I'd like to see ceci put into a methot karlsson position in which is allowed to jump up any time and go full offence while the partner covers for him.
He has mucho untapped offensive potential.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Actually I'd like to see ceci put into a methot karlsson position in which is allowed to jump up any time and go full offence while the partner covers for him.
That’s what he is right now. Phaneuf can’t move. Ceci is on the right side of the system. I don’t think he’s got enough up stairs to be out dueling opponents going forward. Not to mention he has seeeerious defensive issues. I would honestly like to see him as the methot in your example. Just stay where you are. Make the simplest play every time. He’s not good enough to be getting creative

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

You don't think that playing with someone like Chabot can help him unlock some of that offensive potential?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Ceci doesn’t have the hockey iq to go full offence. How many times do we see him rush the puck up the ice to dump it or triple clutch and shoot wide?

He hasn’t improved in three years. We need to cut bait with him ASAP before his value is severely decreased.

Reactions: Chezzz

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
It's true he has poor hockey IQ. He's better in a 5/6 non shutdown role. I really do think Tampa is looking at him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
As our d sits now, we need him back there.
We haven't really seen him let loose on offence. Give him a shooting mentality by loading up whenever possible. He has made some very good rushes this year.
Phaneuf is not good enough that's all. Ideally we had someone more reliable to experiment with that. Then with ceci and chabot on offence trading the expensive Karl for a very good return could be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad