Injury Report: Cody Ceci OUT

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Huge loss. If there are any Ceci haters left, they should all be gone after they see how well the D performs without him.
Ceci has been probably our best dman. One thing I have found on this board is that you have the same people complaining about players. Case in point , Nurse. Some want him gone. Yes that’s a great idea, dump Nurse. That would make his buddy McDavid very happy

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Actually noticed Niemelainen in pre-season. He was a rock solid defender, good stick, positioning and quite physical. Really sucks Ceci is out, our most consistent defender, but at the same time excited to see what Marcus can bring to the back end.

I think Berglund is a better D but Niemelainen brings something our other non-inured D do not have have... snarl and physicality.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Welp a good chance for the young d to prove themselves. Luckily we got on a good streak early so losing some games now won’t cost us the season

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hope no one else gets infected by the virus that cannot be named. Or is the word "Omicron" a "get out of jail free card"?;)

Reactions: yukoner88

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think they are only tested every 3 days unless in Covid protocol and before crossing the borders to and from the US.
That’s 10 times a month and then every time they cross the border. If the general population was tested that much while having no symptoms case counts would be off the charts.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Welp a good chance for the young d to prove themselves. Luckily we got on a good streak early so losing some games now won’t cost us the season
Also a good test for the coaching staff as well as our forwards who should be paying extra attention to the smaller details.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That’s 10 times a month and then every time they cross the border. If the general population was tested that much while having no symptoms case counts would be off the charts.

Stauffer was saying today that they are tested 3 times per week plus every time they cross the border so it’s probably 17-20 times per month.

I have no idea on testing outside of that on the public.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
So is Ceci confirmed to have COVID? I feel like we've seen a few false positives this year, hopefully this is the case and he's back sooner?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So is Ceci confirmed to have COVID? I feel like we've seen a few false positives this year, hopefully this is the case and he's back sooner?

I think the 10 +2 indicated by Tippett mean he's confirmed positive.

Players or Club personnel whose test has been confirmed positive shall remain in isolation until all of the following conditions have been satisfied:
• If at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared, and at least 24 hours have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath, etc.) have improved (with the exception of continued loss of taste or smell so long as other symptoms have improved).
• In addition, the Club Physician, its infectious disease expert, and any other treating physician providing care to the individual, must conclude that the individual no longer presents a risk of infection to others, and that it is medically appropriate (given individual and local circumstances) to terminate the requirement for self-isolation.
• The termination of the isolation requirement is consistent with applicable local public health regulations or other requirements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad