Injury Report: Cody Ceci OUT

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
I mean if you're going to time travel there are probably better uses for it, though that would be great :laugh:
CA1C8CA5-C703-447E-BE8E-0A8108ADED18.jpeg

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Precisely. It would likely take a border closure including vaccinated individuals at minimum to shut them down again. They've learned a lot in the last 20 months about how to play while keeping players safe, and they now have vaccines to minimize the transmission and severe outcomes.

According to some new research it may not affect the transmission side, but the most important thing is to avoid severe outcomes. I hope and believe this won't grow into anything big and it's also interesting to see Niemelainen as he was pretty solid in the training camp. Seeing Niemelainen play in the NHL has some value so we will soon know better if he could be a cheap option next season. I don't know if it's true but I read that about 5% of the PCR tests are false positives so it could also be just that.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
My mom and dad were born in Germany; it's a very good language for conveying logic, but it definitely sounds harsh lol

It does sound a bit harsh, but I like the language. If only I could change the grammar a bit to make some things easier to learn (like take away der/das/die to start) :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Around 600 Covid cases currently in City of Edmonton (not metro) and somehow one of our players contracts it. I mean on top of Keith, Nurse injuries this is all kinds of bad luck.

Would think it was contracted on the road. But a bit odd as road trips are pretty secure generally.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Around 600 Covid cases currently in City of Edmonton (not metro) and somehow one of our players contracts it. I mean on top of Keith, Nurse injuries this is all kinds of bad luck.

Would think it was contracted on the road. But a bit odd as road trips are pretty secure generally.

Not to turn this into a COVID thread, but there are significantly more than 600 cases in Edmonton, they just aren't being found out about. NHL players are tested regularly, much more so than the average person in a city. So the chances of an NHL player testing positive is much higher.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Not to turn this into a COVID thread, but there are significantly more than 600 cases in Edmonton, they just aren't being found out about. NHL players are tested regularly, much more so than the average person in a city. So the chances of an NHL player testing positive is much higher.
how do you know?

609 active cases are all that matter

COVID-19 Alberta statistics

Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Because even if asymptomatic players are still tested every where they go. Then general public is not.

I think they are only tested every 3 days unless in Covid protocol and before crossing the borders to and from the US.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
So starts the beginning of the end of the season. Good lord I hope I am wrong but it seems like we have seen this dance b4
Stay positive. Schedule ain’t to bad. We play Canes Dec 11 and Leafs 14th. Hopefully healthy team by then

There's already been 6 postponed games I believe. I'd suspect if that grows to 10 or more by January 10th, they'll opt out as I doubt they want to push the season end out further than the end of April again. Stanley cups in July aren't optimal..

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ceci out too? Damn, he was a rock back there for us. Lots of adversity for this team, we’ll need some players to step up. Luckily we can on a couple fronts, either outscore our defensive troubles which we’re capable of, or have Skinner bail us out which he’s capable of.

Also, Covid is annoying. Anyone know how long a Covid protocol usually lasts?
10 days at least I believe

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad