TSN: Cody Ceci + Hapur + Luchuk and pick for Nikita Zeitsev + Brown + Carcone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
If Zaitsev was the player you describe, he'd still be on your team.

But you're right that he's most likely better than Ceci.

It’s all about cap space. If he were cheaper he would have been kept. Same with Marleau, same with Brown. Leafs need cap, that simple.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It’s all about cap space. If he were cheaper he would have been kept. Same with Marleau, same with Brown. Leafs need cap, that simple.
You think Kerfoot is up for grabs now.. He may want and be awarded if it comes to that , a Kapanen type deal. They still need to move money out to sign Marner and Ceci

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
You think Kerfoot is up for grabs now.. He may want and be awarded if it comes to that , a Kapanen type deal. They still need to move money out to sign Marner and Ceci

No idea, I hope not. Would like to see what he can do but the leafs do have Matthews, Tavares, Spezza, Gauthier, and Shore at centre as well. Nylander can play centre too.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Zaitsev mostly played with Gardiner and Hainsey (before Muzzin) with Rielly. Zaitsev definitely got more SH toi and D zone starts but I don't know if you could say there was a traditional shutdown role given to either pair. He wasn't sheltered, but he did generally get roughed up pretty good by opposing team's top players.

Its staggering to see such a difference in numbers between Gardiner and Zaitsev though. I was reading an article from a Leafs blog that detailed how basically every player that plays with Zaitsev will perform statistically worse almost without exception.

Hasn’t this been the mantra for the last 3 years about Ceci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad