Speculation: Cody Ceci Arbitration Ask

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
wait what? That can't be real.

There were fairly credible reports that Ottawa turned down a Hall for Ceci trade when Hall was still with Ottawa. So if you get to cross-examine the other side during these hearings, I definitely bring that up. Dorian will get to dump on Ceci, so his camp might as well give it back to Ottawa.

Reactions: amethyst

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
If they let him walk, I bet Toronto would at least throw him an offer on a one year deal. Even if its an overpayment in the 4-4.5M range, they have 1 year of cap space. With Hainsey needing less minutes, Ceci could be a fill in partner for Gardiner/Rielly and Hainsey could play with Dermott. Assuming Ozhiganov, and Liljegren need time in the minors, and Carrick can be the 7D.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If they let him walk, I bet Toronto would at least throw him an offer on a one year deal. Even if its an overpayment in the 4-4.5M range, they have 1 year of cap space. With Hainsey needing less minutes, Ceci could be a fill in partner for Gardiner/Rielly and Hainsey could play with Dermott. Assuming Ozhiganov, and Liljegren need time in the minors, and Carrick can be the 7D.
The last thing Toronto needs is a horrific RHD making a chunk of money.

Reactions: OmniCube and Morgs

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
There were fairly credible reports that Ottawa turned down a Hall for Ceci trade when Hall was still with Ottawa. So if you get to cross-examine the other side during these hearings, I definitely bring that up. Dorian will get to dump on Ceci, so his camp might as well give it back to Ottawa.

That's total nonsense.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'd rather have an empty roster/contract slot than Cici at 6 million.

At 3.5 for one year I'd have to think about it. No way the Arbiter should split down the middle.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm shocked things like this are not moderated better around here

If something was fairly credible and reported it should be easy to find a link

I believe what was reported from a not so credible individual is that an offer like that existed but Edm chose to go elsewhere ie they probably thought larsson was better

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
wait what? That can't be real.

It's not. Dreger reported Ottawa and Edmonton discussed Hall. The closest they were to a deal was for Ceci. It needed ownership clearance but he was traded to NJD before anything happened on the Ottawa side. Hall for Ceci was discussed but saying Ceci was too valuable to trade for Hall is a huge stretch.

The posters version of what was reported is significantly altered.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ceci will get 4.5M+ (undeserved) simply because he was played a lot by his coach. He's not that good but he's got a high TOI which apparently matters a lot in arbitration for D's.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
It's not. Dreger reported Ottawa and Edmonton discussed Hall. The closest they were to a deal was for Ceci. It needed ownership clearance but he was traded to NJD before anything happened on the Ottawa side. Hall for Ceci was discussed but saying Ceci was too valuable to trade for Hall is a huge stretch.

The posters version of what was reported is significantly altered.

This is the article.

Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli was willing to move Taylor Hall for Cody Ceci, TSN's Dreger reports. Hmmmm

It's an arbitration hearing where Ottawa's representative will be dumping all over Ceci. So Ceci should bring up that Ottawa never pulled the trigger on a trade for Hall. I wouldn't be concerned with why the trade never materialized. Let Ottawa say that they didn't do it because the owner is too cheap. So, what you're saying Mr. Dorian is you make offers to players not based on what they're worth, but what your boss can afford to pay? That'll go over real well.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the article.

Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli was willing to move Taylor Hall for Cody Ceci, TSN's Dreger reports. Hmmmm

It's an arbitration hearing where Ottawa's representative will be dumping all over Ceci. So Ceci should bring up that Ottawa never pulled the trigger on a trade for Hall. I wouldn't be concerned with why the trade never materialized. Let Ottawa say that they didn't do it because the owner is too cheap. So, what you're saying Mr. Dorian is you make offers to players not based on what they're worth, but what your boss can afford to pay? That'll go over real well.

Or let Ottawa say Edmonton accepted another offer and then it becomes an irrelvant point. I’m not even sure show relevant a speculated trade discussion would be anyway.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Sens can send Benning a thank you for signing a similar player in Gudbranson to 3 years 4M and inflating the market value on high-drafted defensive plugs with size

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Reports are that it had to go through ownership.

You can probably imagine what happened there.

I envision a Simpsons' scenario where Bart tries to explain Sideshow Bob's plan to murder aunt Selma via gas explosion multiple times to no avail only to explain it to Marge briefly "and we were on our way" in the Senators case "Marge" does not exist.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good player but 6 seems a little inflated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad