Dreger: Cody Ceci agrees to deal with the Leafs (1 year, $4.5M - NOT YET SIGNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
They have to do the arbitration thing first cuz he was qualified and applied for it
If Ceci goes tge arbitratiin route, he's a moron. The only way to guarantee a good payday from TO us to accept the QO. Risky to give the Leafs a chance to walk away.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If Ceci goes tge arbitratiin route, he's a moron. The only way to guarantee a good payday from TO us to accept the QO. Risky to give the Leafs a chance to walk away.
I don't think they have the option after not signing it right away . I think anyways I'll google it

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Huh...i hadn't heard he rejected it...pretty sure that would signal arbitration.
I was just looking to see if there was a time limit for an rfa accepting or rejecting the qualifying offer but the only thing I can find says August so yeah he should just sign it

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
What confuses me is why didn't he just sign the qualifying offer. He got super lucky with the arbitrator last time valuing ice time so highly , this could ruin him if it allows the leafs to dump him.
Or he could resign for less. It doesn't have to be the end of the world.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Not sure why all the hate for this guy. he did play with likes of Dion Phanuef on his line. I think he would fit nicely into our top 4. if he could focus just strictly on defending this could good for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad