Coach Discussion: Coaching Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm a big believer in patterns by people, PMO has done few things very unusual for him......have to wonder if Chevy has spoken to him.......but to offset that all the injuries make it nearly impossible to win some games. Jets year is now done, 1st Rd out.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'm a big believer in patterns by people, PMO has done few things very unusual for him......have to wonder if Chevy has spoken to him.......but to offset that all the injuries make it nearly impossible to win some games. Jets year is now done, 1st Rd out.
Well I definitely see a pattern in which you predict a first round exit in every second post for the last couple months haha - no matter what is happening

#goleafs

Reactions: Jet

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
A reminder, Trotz had a grand total of 2 playoff series wins in the first 15 years of his NHL career. Then he was let go by the Preds. Since then, the Preds have sunk, and Trotz has become a lauded coach.

I would also remind people that Trotz started with an expansion team with little talent (as other teams back then were able to protect a lot more than the 7 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie in the expansion draft). It took 5 - 6 years for the preds to even have talent comparable to the 2011-12 Jets. Trotz and Poile were also handcuffed by an erratic and cheap owner in Craig Leipold for over a decade who limited their abilities to contend long term.

It's not a coincidence that Trotz took an underachieving playoff team in Washington to the Stanley Cup(after the team had never advanced beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs during Ovechkin's entire tenure). In recent years, Trotz has led the New York Islanders to their greatest playoff success since their dynasty years with 3 (or 4) rounds of victories in the playoffs, despite what appears to be middling lineup.

Trotz maximizes the results from the talent he is given.

Reactions: DRW204 and JetsUK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad