Speculation: Coaching Staff

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Denis Gorman ‏@DenisGorman 1m
#NHL #Oilers #Edmonton #EdmontonOilers announce the hiring of Sylvain Rodrigue as goaltending consultant.
Retweeted by Jonathan Willis

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 51s
Oilers hire Sylvain Rodrigue to consult on goaltending, reporting to Fred Chabot. Hailing from Quebec with extensive overseas experience.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Maybe he can help convince some of the European goalies he's worked with to come over and sign with us.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
OK thank god this is a Krueger connection, sort of gives me confidence that this new management regime is doing things much more inclusively and collaboratively than the Tambo era. This is a perfect example of MacT's MBA training coming into play - empowering Krueger to hire his own goalie coach (relatively minor impact), and also heavily including him in the process of hiring his associate using open lines of communication so that he doesn't feel undermined.

It's just the way things are operating here seem to be a lot different. I think MacT's time away from hockey will prove to be extremely valuable in the way he conducts his business and the process that goes along with it, which can make a huge difference in the performance of any company or business.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Not an Oiler alumni

I have to think he was brought to help scout euro goalies? Guy has been overseas for the past 4 years or so.

Willis mentioned he was the goalie coach in Chicoutimi while JDD was playing there. So that's almost a connection!

Here's his twitter

Goalie coach for a German and Swiss team last season, sounds like he had a busy year.

Last edited:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Great. We get the much coveted Chichi Rodriguez of goalie coaches. Throw it at the wall. Maybe it sticks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Willis mentioned he was the goalie coach in Chicoutimi while JDD was playing there. So that's almost a connection!

Here's his twitter

Goalie coach for a German and Swiss team last season, sounds like he had a busy year.

Just for his last year I believe.

It's worth mentioning he isn't going to be the goaltending coach, he is going to report to current coach Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad