Coaching options if Bruce leaves?

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Slightly off topic, but I wonder if a team takes a chance on Travis Green this off season. He has some ties to the Islanders.

Canucks management gave support to Cull and his staff coming back, but some of that had to do with not wanting to be paying coaches not to coach. If Green is hired somewhere that's his money off the books and perhaps a change somewhere else in the organization might come as a result.
It seems that you are right. D&D talked about Green would get a job next season a few times already.
Don't think they will extend BB after Green's money is off the books, More like money for Trotz,

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
It seems that you are right. D&D talked about Green would get a job next season a few times already.
Don't think they will extend BB after Green's money is off the books, More like money for Trotz,

Trotz will be scooped up by a team quickly, likely by a contender with a disappointing playoff exit

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Trotz will be scooped up by a team quickly, likely by a contender with a disappointing playoff exit
Could see Toronto having interest if they suffer ANOTHER 1st round exit

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Trotz is from Manitoba so the Jets feel like a very natural fit on both sides.

That said, some US team can probably afford to pay him more.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah, Trotz ain't comin' here. If they succeed in pushing out Boudreau, my money is on them bringing in their homeboy Mike Velluci, who will be the 7th rookie head coach hired by the 8th rookie GM in franchise history.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Could see Toronto having interest if they suffer ANOTHER 1st round exit

A team with the talent, but needs a way to push past the failure? Would be a good fit. Better fit than the Canucks, I hate to say.

Hope it doesn't happen though. I'd rather watch the Leafs burn

Reactions: M2Beezy

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Would that offense driven player group accept Trotz style hockey? Or would Trotz bend to them?

A loss to TB might focus them on winning ugly.

If they lose in the first round again, I don't think the players should be the ones accepting a coach, they should be accepting anything that makes them a better playoff team. Tampa was a tough draw, but TO window is now. On paper they are stupid scary... On forwards anyways 😂

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Really? How do you figure that? I agree about a teaching coach....but Torts is far from that...he is strictly motivational. Sometimes it works for a little while...but not for a long period of time.
Just the young players on Tampa that rose to stardom under him and the cup, NYR, all the youth and cup finals, CLB, all the youth and playoff appearances as well as the same type of immediate impact as Bruce had here and the four best years in their history.
Torts, like most coaches have a shelf life, his is around 5 years or so mostly because players have so much influence now on the game. Used to be the players were stuck with a team and the "do it my way or hit the highway". Owned for life.

That attitude/rules still exist with the rookies and retention of rights. No matter what anyone thinks if there was not this "ownership" Tryamkin would be playing in the NHL now with some other team.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Boudreau made the Caps into a very good consistent playoff team, Trotz to them to the next level and put them over the top. Follow the same winning recipe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad