Coaching options if Bruce leaves?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
No Miller and Garland and (?) next year and it’s going to be interesting to see what the step back might be.
Those players leaving would be in return for assets. If the trades are even then there may be no step back on paper.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I would be elated if we could land Barry Trotz. He's the kind of coach that would help players like Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser become the 2-way players we need them to be. He'd bring a lot of structure allowing Demko to find another level to his game.

Reactions: MarkMM

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
I would be elated if we could land Barry Trotz. He's the kind of coach that would help players like Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser become the 2-way players we need them to be. He'd bring a lot of structure allowing Demko to find another level to his game.
He would be a great choice in my mind...but if Bruce wants back, he is the coach and few could complain about that.

Reactions: MarkMM

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I find it VERY interesting that Lou fires Trotz too. I mean Trotz is sort of Lou's guy.

I think honestly think Lou just has a quick trigger and is fully willing to bring in a new voice at the drop of a hat. The dead cat can't stop bouncing if you keep firing coaches.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Were the Capitals a boring team to watch under Trotz? I think his boring style has something to do with the pieces he has to work with.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
You're not sure why Lou Lamoriello fired a coach? The same Lou Lamoriello that twice fired a coach the same season those teams went on to win the Stanley Cup. He goes through more coaches than any other GM. Us mortals do not need to comprehend his coaching decisions.
He had Trotz in NY for 4 years, Babcock in Toronto for 3 years, and two of his head coaches in the Devils resigned due to health problems. If you remove the interim coaches, the ratio is similar to any other GM in the league.

His structure is only good for playoffs, and it is so fxxking boring for the regular season.
It can be boring but if win, why complain? 14 playoffs in 23 seasons, 1 Stanley Cup and Vegas didn't win it.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Were the Capitals a boring team to watch under Trotz? I think his boring style has something to do with the pieces he has to work with.
When the team is up 1 in the final 5 mins with a PP, only the pro gurus will be on the PP to cycle the puck to protect the lead. As I said, no one will complain if NYI is in the playoff. Will Canucks be in the playoff next season? if not, he is not a good option.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Maybe Lou lam is tanking again. He did for matthews and this time it’s a ridiculously high percentage. We honestly should tank. It’s like 18% bedard and 25% percent mitchkov if you are last. That’s like crazy good odds at a generational player for one season of suffering.

Honestly should be a no brainer for us but too bad Lou lam doesn’t run this ship.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
The next 2 seasons should be dedicated to retooling this team, and playoffs shouldn't be a realistic goal.

I wonder if BB has been told they are definitely going to lose top talent this offseason... At his age would he want to coach a team with bottom 5 potential? Do we want a guy coaching a bottom 5 potential team way above expectation? If any team could use a generational lotto pick next year, it's the Canucks.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The next 2 seasons should be dedicated to retooling this team, and playoffs shouldn't be a realistic goal.

I wonder if BB has been told they are definitely going to lose top talent this offseason... At his age would he want to coach a team with bottom 5 potential? Do we want a guy coaching a bottom 5 potential team way above expectation? If any team could use a generational lotto pick next year, it's the Canucks.
This team won’t be bottom 5 potential next season.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Subtract a Miller and it already looks grim... Our top 4 defence besides QH is one of the worst looking in the league
A lot people gloss over the fact that the team was unusually healthy this year. Outside of a couple missed games due to covid, there wasn't any serious time missed due to injury. Given the teams history and travel, I don't see this repeating but who knows. (The Canucks man games lost to injury numbers were inflated by Ferland, Sutter, etc.)

Trade Miller in the off season, an injury to Hughes or OEL at some point and things fall apart pretty quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad