Coaches

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Minnesota Wild. Received a lot of credit for helping Dumba and other D-men in their development.

Personally, I also like his work on the NHL network. His analysis would extend beyond his reputation as a physical player. Showed an appreciation for transition and speed.

If he was brought in, would he put in the same role as he was in MIN?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
If he was brought in, would he put in the same role as he was in MIN?

Honestly not sure. Other than random rumors of him being an option... there’s nothing certain as of yet.

Just some additional information. He also served as an associate coach of the Devils. The reason he left the Wild was because the distance and travel was a source of strain on his family still in the NY/NJ area.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Like many here, I'll feel a lot better if Korn, Stevens, and Hunter are the next three guys added to the organization.

Our goalies will be in need of constant tutelage and I want to know that a former NHL Dman who understood everything about the position in all three zones is guiding our blueline kiddies.

Reactions: crasherino

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Like many here, I'll feel a lot better if Korn, Stevens, and Hunter are the next three guys added to the organization.

Our goalies will be in need of constant tutelage and I want to know that a former NHL Dman who understood everything about the position in all three zones is guiding our blueline kiddies.

Amen! It will be the first time that the "adults" are indisputably in charge of the team. Between the Front Office and the Coaching Staff, we would have a group that has experience - and success - all around the league. I have high hopes for the rest of the CS (including Korn) as Trotz brought over Lambert - he seems to get the guys he wants and specifically mentioned Korn by name when he first joined. If that's Stevens, great. If not, I will trust that the guys he brings and wants to work with will be beyond competent. I presume that there are lots of NHL coaches who would like to work with a Stanley Cup winning coach and legit good guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad