Coaches

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I remember someone stating that Stevens was in consideration for the head coaches vacancy when we had one.

I think it was speculation more than he was actually being considered. To be fair though the isles coaching search was tight lipped and we didn’t and still haven’t heard who even interviewed for the head coaching job besides Trotz. Stevens may have and we just didn’t hear about it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like Gomez is the last man standing, which makes sense given that he played under GMLL in New Jersey. Maybe he stays, maybe he's just having a hard time finding work.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Was just coming to post this. Interesting that KB is going to juniors.

Have to think there is still more to come to Trotz staff besides Lambert

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
The thing that is most surprising/inexplicable to me is that Fred Braithwaite is really the only remaining assistant coach that seems to still be around the team. I think it could easily be argued he was by far the worst member of an already abysmal coaching staff. The play of both of our goalies drastically went downhill and they had career worst type years in the first and only year with Braithwaite overseeing them? That does not seem coincidental. He is the first one I would have fired quite frankly. I dont want him having anything to do with Lehner and Greiss, let alone the youngsters when they are ready (Soderstrom, Sorokin).

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
The thing that is most surprising/inexplicable to me is that Fred Braithwaite is really the only remaining assistant coach that seems to still be around the team. I think it could easily be argued he was by far the worst member of an already abysmal coaching staff. The play of both of our goalies drastically went downhill and they had career worst type years in the first and only year with Braithwaite overseeing them? That does not seem coincidental. He is the first one I would have fired quite frankly. I dont want him having anything to do with Lehner and Greiss, let alone the youngsters when they are ready (Soderstrom, Sorokin).
maybe Korn can "coach" Braithwaite on coaching?

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
They also saw 35+ shots for like 20 games in a row and multiple games of over 50 shots. Not all on the goalies...

Reactions: eoin92

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Kelly B just wants to be a head coach. It's called the love of the game. Old school guy unlike Doug Weight who BS'd his way to the top. Just my take not based on facts .

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If Korn comes here, he's not going to be involved with the team on a day to day basis. He hasn't even been doing that for Washington. I think that's why you're still seeing Brathwaite here.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Korn comes here, he's not going to be involved with the team on a day to day basis. He hasn't even been doing that for Washington. I think that's why you're still seeing Brathwaite here.

Agreed. He’s more the chief goalie consultant. Some people speculated that he might actually retire st the end of last year.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
They also saw 35+ shots for like 20 games in a row and multiple games of over 50 shots. Not all on the goalies...
Nah sorry I dont buy that. Both goalies technique seemed to be off and changed. I am pretty sure I even remember quotes from both of them saying that changes were being made to their styles and they had not adapted. I am not happy if Brathwaite will still be running the goalies this season. As i said, he should have been the first to be let go of the assistant coaches.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Even if Korn doesn’t come here, there’s got to be someone better on the market than Brathwaite

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I honestly think having Korn as an advisor to our day to day coaches is fine

Reactions: SI90

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I know there are many here that want Scott Stevens, what does his COACHING track record look like? Who has he worked with or previously coached to get the pedigree that he has. I know he was a great d-man in his day, but being a good player doesn't mean you are a good coach. I mean this in a general sense and not trying to take a shot at Stevens.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I know there are many here that want Scott Stevens, what does his COACHING track record look like? Who has he worked with or previously coached to get the pedigree that he has. I know he was a great d-man in his day, but being a good player doesn't mean you are a good coach. I mean this in a general sense and not trying to take a shot at Stevens.

Minnesota Wild. Received a lot of credit for helping Dumba and other D-men in their development.

Personally, I also like his work on the NHL network. His analysis would extend beyond his reputation as a physical player. Showed an appreciation for transition and speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad