Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
What I don't understand though is why even bother going with an interm coach or a stop gap? We fired DeBoer since the results weren't there, yeah? Clearly this team apparently doesn't want to tank.

So why not get the "known" coach like MacLean or Bylsma or Wilson?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti
‏@TGfireandice Lou Lamoriello will be on bench with Oates and Stevens for a short amount of time. Stevens and Albelin will coach D. Oates the forwards

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Lou is revolutionary. What a genius. Three Hall of Famers on the bench is sure to bring results:sarcasm:

Lou to kick ass, Oates to generate offense, and Stevens to clamp down the defense.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
What I don't understand though is why even bother going with an interm coach or a stop gap? We fired DeBoer since the results weren't there, yeah? Clearly this team apparently doesn't want to tank.

Evaluation period.

The time between today and game 82 will be a full evaluation and it is further supported by Lou being behind the bench

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Big reason why the staff got torched was refusal to play young players. In that situation keeping them for the rest of the year could hurt long term

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
om Gulitti
‏@TGfireandice Lamoriello said "no promises" on next head coach. Said a "joint" effort "to get most out fof people we havve with a few systemic changes."

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
This is a perfect scenario for Scotty. Literally no blame if he can't cut it, and you don't have to fire him if he doesn't work out. Plus if he stinks, high pick here we come.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Lou is revolutionary. What a genius. Three Hall of Famers on the bench is sure to bring results:sarcasm:

Lou to kick ass, Oates to generate offense, and Stevens to clamp down the defense.

Coaching by committee is a new one :laugh:

Leave it to Lou, I'm almost not even surprised

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Didn't see the whole co coaching thing coming but It makes sense lol. Lou will probably get us fined a pick for not having 1 coach or something.... Hall of Famer coaching Offense, Hall of Famer Coaching Defense. Hall Of Famer monitioring everything... Sounds good to me.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Tom Gulitti
‏@TGfireandice Lou Lamoriello will be on bench with Oates and Stevens for a short amount of time. Stevens and Albelin will coach D. Oates the forwards

LOL. The circus continues.

But let's let Lou decide when it's time to go. The apologists segment of this fanbase can take a dive off the deep-end with ole Lou.

Harris and Blitzer need to fire Lou the day after the season ends.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Evaluation period.

The time between today and game 82 will be a full evaluation and it is further supported by Lou being behind the bench

i like this move because it indicates there are no delusions about what this team is roster wise. it gives an opportunity to see how stevens and co handle players and will let them earn a job in this rebuild.. personally i don't think an experienced coach was going to take on this job its a no win for a few years hiring within was the right move technically i know oates is not within but you know what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad