Coach John Hynes Discussion

jaguar84

Apr 21, 2018
What the **** do you want him to do? He can't just magically make them as good as tampa for christ sake

Yeah, NJ's not getting any magical fix. But if Tampa's jamming the middle, and NJ's doesn't adjust and sticks with trying to pass through the middle and not establishing in front of a Vezina candidate, they're gonna have a bad time. The coaching staff has got to come up with a way to improve the PP and get in Vasilevskiy's head.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Yea he' failing to fix the middle. I mean the players should be handling it themselves, but it obvious now the front of the net is not the concern of the coaching staff.

Pick a net, any net. Defense doesn't protect Schneider, offense doesn't stake out in front of Vasilevsky

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
What the **** do you want him to do? He can't just magically make them as good as tampa for christ sake
You've never heard of changing the scheme mid-game? Ok well it's a thing. You go up the boards instead of D to D, or move the primary pass point from the boards to the slot, or flip and have wingers fly the zone... these are basic tweaks and I have yet to see any of them deployed. It's the same D to D and eat the puck and turn it over. Keep trying what's not working though...

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
You've never heard of changing the scheme mid-game? Ok well it's a thing. You go up the boards instead of D to D, or move the primary pass point from the boards to the slot, or flip and have wingers fly the zone... these are basic tweaks and I have yet to see any of them deployed. It's the same D to D and eat the puck and turn it over. Keep trying what's not working though...

Whatever you say coach

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
As I read nonsensical posts about firing hynes.....Ive had my qualms at times this season, but I'm all in with hynes. I think he is a solid coach - not the greatest, but there are only a few that truly are what you would call great. All those sharing this thought, how about a like? Lets see how high we can,get the tally. And another factor, who out there do,y'all want that is,better?

Reactions: bigd

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Got any more buzzwords? Not enough pucks in deep?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yea he' failing to fix the middle. I mean the players should be handling it themselves, but it obvious now the front of the net is not the concern of the coaching staff.

Pick a net, any net. Defense doesn't protect Schneider, offense doesn't stake out in front of Vasilevsky

I don't know how much he can really do to make our inept defense better. You can't polish a turd. Up front we have like 2 guys who i would say are shooters. Probably closer to 1 and a half. Again, if we dont have the horses we can't win the race.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People’s opinions on how good this team are are all across the board and seem to depend solely on the axe they want to grind.

We weren’t good enough to make the playoffs seemingly on a weekly basis, but at the same time good enough that coaching and not holes in the roster prevented us from beating the one seed in the east.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still not sold on him. I don't like a lot of what he does and doesn't do, but I also don't think he's as bad as a coach like Rick Tocchet, or even AV or Carlyle.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Like many I was disappointed that his bag of coaching tricks seemed to begin and end with double down on old players. With respect to Greene and Zajac I get it and it made sense but I think he reached on some others like Boyle on the PP and Lovejoy having a regular role instead of being a 7. As the roster improves he will have to come up with something else since his trusted grinding old players will start to disappear from the roster and he will have to come up with a plan that works for the younger players.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
LOL at some of these comments. Dude did a good job and the players respect him. This team was on the brink of failure many times during the season and he got his players to play hard when it mattered the most.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i can't think of another coach who would have gotten more out of this team with the way it's currently constructed. i'm interested to see how he builds off of this next year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
If nothing else, I'm impressed at the buy-in he managed to get from the group this season. He got them to dig in and tough it out when their backs were against the wall several times.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad