Post-Game Talk: Cloned can finally take a cold shower. Nurse needs some more practice.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He's not above criticism, but there's guys with 3 goals against in 10 minutes and people are falling over themselves to blame Nurse.
Fair. I don’t blame the loss on nurse but he was set up about 3 times for a grade A chance and flubbed it. Very frustrating. However everyone was to blame for the loss... except maybe yam fries.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Glad he said it. The bottom 9 had one job, just don't get scored on. Battle harder than your opponent. They failed miserably at it. If you can't do that you should get called out. And you likely will have a short career.

Bottom lines outclassed in every way tonight. We badly need McDavid back.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
3 wins in Cali and we will be fine

source.gif

Fresh McDavid takes back the points lead from Drai in 3 games with linemates Sam Gagner and Josh Archibald.

Reactions: RattsSSV and Cloned

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
well I posted earlier about how nice it was to be talking about rentals instead of draft picks...
time to look at the lottery and discuss who we're picking this draft.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah, in November when he racked up like -30 of that he was horrendous. What's your point?

My point is that a player can give up no goals against in a game and still have a poor game just like a player can be on the ice for multiple goals against and have a good game.
Merely looking at that metric to determine how well a player played is only a small part of the equation.

Anyway, I don't think Nurse was that bad defensively tonight but he killed a lot of plays offensively and blew some gifts at least one of which should have been a goal.
Larsson was their worst D tonight, him and Jones were getting owned all night.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Looks like my take is different than most, I thought this was a really good bounce back game for Nurse his decision making was a lot better and he was much more defensively sound than last game, this game was another good demonstration though of him not being upto snuff on the PP and given the number of great looks he got on net he really should of buried something, though some props for being in position to get those quality looks in the first place.

I also thought RNH's overall game was much better than last game, I was happy with the first line in general, I think they gave us as much as we can reasonably ask.

I thought Jones was pretty awful tonight he got badly torched on I think 3 plays where he was just caught turning the wrong way and lost his man or body position cause of it, I'm not souring on Jones, but this game had some good teaching moments for him he wasn't upto the pace that the Wild were setting tonight and you could tell all the little quick interchanges the Wild were doing had him losing track of his man and what he should be prioritizing.

I don't think the refs did anything to cost us the game given how bad our PP looked it probably wouldn't of made a difference, but I hate seeing multiple elbows and highsticks not get called, feels like refs of late are treating elbows to the head as a discretionary call when it's supposed to be more of a mandatory call.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Koskinen also needs practice on bad angle goals. I don't care if that was tipped. A #1 goalie will stop that shot. Along with the third goal and the 2nd one

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
My point is that a player can give up no goals against in a game and still have a poor game just like a player can be on the ice for multiple goals against and have a good game.
Merely looking at that metric to determine how well a player played is only a small part of the equation.

If a player has zero goals against, it doesn't matter how bad a game a player had, they obviously weren't the reason for the loss.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Tippett quote is being taken a little bit out of context. He said you hope someone in the bottom nine comes alive offensively or they at least don't give up a goal.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's the wrong thing to say even if there's truth to it. Those guys have busted their butts since McD got injured.

Yeah but you have to speak Tippett. He's made a career out of not ever looking at the names on jerseys and believing that whatever rag tag bunch can make a difference if they dig down hard enough. He played that way and he's always coached that way. He's rarely going to be one that gives excuses for what players were on the ice. He has expectations, firm, for anybody playing in an NHL game and expects them to be good enough. When they aren't he'll say so and our lines got worked tonight.

This is not Tippett throwing players under the bus. Nobody that has him as coach would think that. he's not singling guys out. Just pointing out the ice was tilted and wanting that to not be the case. message sent, the bottomnine will play better next game out.

Reactions: RattsSSV

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If a player has zero goals against, it doesn't matter how bad a game a player had, they obviously weren't the reason for the loss.

FTR, I'm not blaming Nurse for the loss and said that he was better defensively than last game. He just frustrates me a lot in the offensive zone, so many missed opportunities tonight.
As I added to my previous post, the Jones-Larsson pairing was by far the worst tonight following their strong outing against Boston.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bouchard can’t be worse the Lagesson?!?

I hope he gets a game

Do you play Benning or Bouchard on their offside if you make that swap though? Rough way to throw Bouchard into a playoff race either way.

Not sure any RHD on our team is comfortable playing the left side.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No IQ Nurse strikes again... anyways, overall they were bloody lousy tonight. Missed assignments all over the damn place in the D zone, moronic passing choices and players not being in the spots to support the puck and their teammates in the first place... it wasn't even the AHL callups messing up that much.

What about #1 goalie Koskinen. Complete garbage goals against

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
source.gif

Fresh McDavid takes back the points lead from Drai in 3 games with linemates Sam Gagner and Josh Archibald.

I actually thought Nuge and Yammo didn’t even need Drai tonight.

I think you can either put Mcdavid and Drai
Nuge and Yammo
or

mcdavid Nuge
Drai yammo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad