Climate group intends to cause “public outrage” and “break the law” at Canucks game this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
We all know it, too, and it's part of why everything seems to be going so crazy in the last decade or so -- we know we're in trouble, we know our nature and the way our civilization has come to be structured makes it very difficult to do anything about it, and we're terrified.

Well, as terrified as you can be with all this delicious pork, chicken and beef lying around. I think I'll get an Instant Pot.
Scorpion_and_the_frog_kurzon.png

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The self righteous pontificating by some posters in here is absolutely nauseating. If you are unwilling to actually provide solutions why bother belittling other people for there views. It's childish and completely unproductive.

There is climate change. Absolutely there is and there always will be. The criticisms people have about government policy and government spending or lack there of towards a solution to climate are legitimate. Taxing you, me and pretty much everyone to death over a problem that has been a 100 years in the making is absolutely asinine. Not to mention trying to kill an industry in our country that is pretty much solely responsible for our quality life while also leading the charge globally to produce cleaner energy to help reduce the carbon footprint for all mankind is colossaly stupid.

Climate change could be solved within a matter of a few years by spending money in the right places. It's already been proven. The answer has been around for more than a decade and if the nations of the world actually cared about this issue we would already have solved it.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look at the research done by John D. Liu. Maybe educate yourselves instead of just listening to the news du jour and attacking anyone who doesn't subscribe to your group think.

But the fossil fuel industry

Reactions: DS7 and mathonwy

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Probably like 10% definitely not 99.9%

Lol. Swing and a miss. Just a heads up - one or two random scientists paid for by Big Oil and endlessly quoted by Republicans or Conservatives does not cast any legitimate doubt on this.

Scientific consensus on climate change - Wikipedia.

Nearly all actively publishing climate scientists (97–98%[4]) support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change,[5][6] and the remaining 2% of contrarian studies either cannot be replicated or contain errors.[7] A 2019 study found scientific consensus to be at 100%,[2] and a 2021 study concluded that consensus exceeded 99%

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Lol. Swing and a miss. Just a heads up - one or two random scientists paid for by Big Oil and endlessly quoted by Republicans or Conservatives does not cast any legitimate doubt on this.

Scientific consensus on climate change - Wikipedia.

Nearly all actively publishing climate scientists (97–98%[4]) support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change,[5][6] and the remaining 2% of contrarian studies either cannot be replicated or contain errors.[7] A 2019 study found scientific consensus to be at 100%,[2] and a 2021 study concluded that consensus exceeded 99%

I don't wanna get into this so let's just say sure

Reactions: Godkolzin

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

So you think we should be listening to neuroparasitologists when it comes to climate change? What are you trying to say here?

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
There was an ice age 10 thousand years ago. You know what? There was no factories nor pollution back then. You cant change the climate. All these sacrifices are meaningless.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Global warming is for sure happening... but even without humans, the earth goes through hot and cold cycles naturally. Its been doing that for hundreds of millions, maybe billions of years. Data cannot determine how much of todays changes are human driven vs earths natual cycle driven. Remember... the last two hundred years is relatively a miniscule amount of time compared to say a billion years. I think the earth will do what it will do regardless of our impact. Sure we arnt helping..but i think our impact is tiny compared to what earth does and has done for a loooong time

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Global warming is for sure happening... but even without humans, the earth goes through hot and cold cycles naturally. Its been doing that for hundreds of millions, maybe billions of years. Data cannot determine how much of todays changes are human driven vs earths natual cycle driven. Remember... the last two hundred years is relatively a miniscule amount of time compared to say a billion years. I think the earth will do what it will do regardless of our impact. Sure we arnt helping..but i think our impact is tiny compared to what earth does and has done for a loooong time
You got an earth science degree? LOL

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
Man, I will legitimately take a censure to say the level of stupid in this chat is embarrassing. This is why society is f***ed, bunch of idiots arguing that something viewed with the same level of scientific consensus as f***ing gravity and idiots in here are saying it isn't real, probably need groups to do stuff like this just to shine a light on the idiots dragging society down around them.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
You got an earth science degree? LOL
No, but you dont need to have a masters degree in differential geometey and point-set topology to do basic algebra. The same concept applies to any construct of study. There are certain universally agreed upon hard facts and then there are assumptions made upon probabilities with varying confidence levels. Understanding the difference there and extending inference isnt hard.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Climate change is real, but all the policies aimed at solving it are part of a totally separate agenda, and won't do anything for the climate. Technological advancements will solve any climate issue long before it becomes a real danger.

That's going to be ringing hollow pretty soon. Technology should eventually correct things and prevent some mass extinction or collapse of society event. But the damage done before we can get thereis looking to cause massive amounts of death/destruction/displacement. Us wealthy western countries will be able to roll with the punches, but it's the poorer nations that are going to be hit really hard.

Reactions: bandwagonesque

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
There was an ice age 10 thousand years ago. You know what? There was no factories nor pollution back then. You cant change the climate. All these sacrifices are meaningless.

Human emissions are set to delay the next ice age by 50,000 years. Humans have made a big footprint on the planet. There should be no question that if you removed humans from the Earth, the Earth would be a different place... And if this can be accepted, I don't understand why it's difficult to accept that this scope of footprint can accelerate or decrease, strengthen or weaken, natural occuring processes. And if it's reasonable that humans can alter natural occuring processes, then it should be reasonable that they can take steps to leave natural occuring processes more alone. It makes sense that humans could alter the Earth, and the majority of scientists (government and non- government) say they are... with time running out to turn back some pretty nasty alterations. Yes, I take the scientists word for it (I'm not an expert), but I'm not naive enough to think that certain things I do can't impact the environment around me. I dig a big hole in the backyard, I changed my environment. Everyone digs a big hole in their back yard, satellite images would show a human-created environmental impact from space.

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Man, I will legitimately take a censure to say the level of stupid in this chat is embarrassing. This is why society is f***ed, bunch of idiots arguing that something viewed with the same level of scientific consensus as f***ing gravity and idiots in here are saying it isn't real, probably need groups to do stuff like this just to shine a light on the idiots dragging society down around them.

The amount of stupid in the world is disheartening.

Anyone who isn’t a scientist who argues against scientific consensus is ignorant at a level that’s difficult to comprehend.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Banker guy should stick with banking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad