Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Prap is healthy, but hasn't been able to get back into the top three pairs. Kukan's recall probably opens up that spot.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Robinson-Dalpe(A)-Sherwood
Gerbe(C)-MacInnis-DeSalvo
Broadhurst-Scott-Letestu
Thurkauf -Vigneault-Abramov

Somerby-Clendening
Cross-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson

Berube
Kivlenieks

Stenlund, Milano, Bittner, Gallant, Siebenaler, Thiessen in the press box

3-1 win. Sheerwood on PP, Somerby, Dalpe

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Given that both this week and next will see the Monsters playing three in four days, I'm not sure how clear of a picture of the lines we will get.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Robinson-Dalpe(A)-Sherwood

Stenlund, Milano, Bittner, Gallant, Siebenaler, Thiessen in the press box

3-1 win. Sheerwood on PP, Somerby, Dalpe

Any reason why the bolded are scratches? Doesn't give a warm feeling that guys are developing as they should.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Any reason why the bolded are scratches? Doesn't give a warm feeling that guys are developing as they should.

I wouldn't worry about them. Those are huge pieces of the team. They play 3 games in 4 days. I'd assume they'd want them fresh for the back to back games against the Senators who are a divisional team rather than GR.

Feels weird that Grand Rapids isn't in division anymore.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Robinson-Dalpe(A)-Sheerwood
Abramov-MacInnis-Gerbe(C)
Broadhurst-Scott-Letestu
Vigneault-Stenlund-Thurkauf
Somerby-Clendening
Cross(A)-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson
Berube
Kivlenieks
press box: Siebenaler Milano, Prapavessis, Thiessen, Gallant, Bittner

3-1 after 1. 2 for Broadhurst and 1 for Abramov

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I was at the game last night. Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I was busy last night (got to sleep about 3:45 AM).

Order of appearance in game - based on pled's post above

Fowards - 3, 1, 2, 4
Defensemen - 2, 1, 3

Power Play lines (order LW, C, RW, extra forward, D)
1 - Letestu-Dalpe-Scott-Gerbe-Clendening
2 - Sherwood-Stenlund-Robinson-Broadhurst-Cross

I do not believe that there was an extra skater in warmups.

Also, DeSalvo sent back to Toledo yesterday and called back up today.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Robinson-Stenlund-Sherwood
Abramov-Vigneault-Gerbe
Broadhurst-Scott-Letestu
Gallant-Thurkauf-DeSalvo
Order of first appearance: 4, 1, 3, 2
Scratches: Milano, Bittner, MacInnis
Not with team: Dalpe (Team Canada - Spengler Cup)

Somerby-Clendening
Cross-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson
Order of first appearance: 1, 2, 3
Scratches: Siebenaler, Prapavessis

Kivlenieks
Thiessen
Scratch: Berube

Captain - Gerbe
Alternates - Cross, Letestu (awarded "A" between warmups and game)

only 18 skaters in warmups

Power Play lines - LW-C-RW-extra F-D order
1 - Abramov-Letestu-DeSalvo-Gerbe-Clendening
2 - Robinson-Stenlund-Sherwood-Broadhurst-Cross

Monsters go on Christmas break, next game is Wednesday against Rochester (Sabres) in Cleveland.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Patterns in scratches in this week's games

Forwards
First two games - Milano, Gallant, Bittner (plus Stenlund Game 1)
Game 3 - Milano, Bittner, MacInnis (plus Dalpe with Team Canada)

Stenlund and MacInnis were likely just rest with DeSalvo taking their place.

Gallant is likely a normal healthy scratch brought in to Game 3 as an enforce after a chippy Game 2 (taking Dalpe's place in lineup)

Milano and Bittner are the two that stand out. I can't think of anything other than injury.

Defensemen

Prapavessis and Siebenaler all three games

either this is the 4th defensive pairing or one or both is injured (the latter seems more plausible with three games in four days)

Goaltenders

Thiessen game 1 and 2, Berube game 3

Thiessen is the third goalie, gave Berube a rest on Saturday

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Remember, following Christmas, Monsters begin wearing Black or Gold jerseys at home (Blue jerseys for Blue Jackets nights) and White on the road.

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Robinson-Stenlund-Sherwood
Abramov-Vigneault-Gerbe
Broadhurst-Scott-Letestu
Gallant-Thurkauf-DeSalvo
Order of first appearance: 4, 1, 3, 2
Scratches: Milano, Bittner, MacInnis
Not with team: Dalpe (Team Canada - Spengler Cup)

Somerby-Clendening
Cross-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson
Order of first appearance: 1, 2, 3
Scratches: Siebenaler, Prapavessis

Kivlenieks
Thiessen
Scratch: Berube

Captain - Gerbe
Alternates - Cross, Letestu (awarded "A" between warmups and game)

only 18 skaters in warmups

Power Play lines - LW-C-RW-extra F-D order
1 - Abramov-Letestu-DeSalvo-Gerbe-Clendening
2 - Robinson-Stenlund-Sherwood-Broadhurst-Cross

Monsters go on Christmas break, next game is Wednesday against Rochester (Sabres) in Cleveland.
My 1st game in person last night.
Impressions - Gerbe is fun to watch. clever with the puck and threw more hits than some of the big (all 5 foot 5 of him) boys. Robinson looks like he can play. Letestu doesn't look as fast as he once did, but now has that smart older pro type game. Clendening really handles the puck well. Stenlund (looks long and lanky) has the hardest shot I've seen in a while. Gabe Carlsson was back playing. Has a quiet (plays a good position) game but I'd like to see him hit more. Had the chance to drill a few guys, but looks more interested in playing the puck. Brett Gallant isn't very good at playing actual hockey and Desalvo wasn't impressive at all. Wonder if they should have had Korostelev or Fortier up for some development time instead of playing for the ECHL Finally Kivlenieks - even with the win, just looks shaky to me. Lots of big rebounds. Just doesn't look steady to me.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
My 1st game in person last night.
Impressions - Gerbe is fun to watch. clever with the puck and threw more hits than some of the big (all 5 foot 5 of him) boys. Robinson looks like he can play. Letestu doesn't look as fast as he once did, but now has that smart older pro type game. Clendening really handles the puck well. Stenlund (looks long and lanky) has the hardest shot I've seen in a while. Gabe Carlsson was back playing. Has a quiet (plays a good position) game but I'd like to see him hit more. Had the chance to drill a few guys, but looks more interested in playing the puck. Brett Gallant isn't very good at playing actual hockey and Desalvo wasn't impressive at all. Wonder if they should have had Korostelev or Fortier up for some development time instead of playing for the ECHL Finally Kivlenieks - even with the win, just looks shaky to me. Lots of big rebounds. Just doesn't look steady to me.

What did you think of the Arena?

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
What did you think of the Arena?
I live in CLE, so I've been to the Q a lot. Under renovation now, so we had a temporary entrance that was a bit odd to get in. Good views (I like sitting in the corners so I can see most of the ice). $18.25 for a small pop, a bottle of water and a pretzel! Over all a good place to see a game

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bittner & Milano must be well rested. :sarcasm:
Bittner was hit hard into the boards back on the 15th and barely got off the ice on his own. He is most likely out with an injury. The hit was right in front of me and you could see the pain he was in on his face. He got hit in the knee pretty solid. Milano hasn't been skating in the warm ups and is most likely hurt. Tony Brown has said if they aren't seen skating in the warm ups they are most likely hurt. I doubt they would start sitting Milano if he is healthy as he needs to be playing to improve or to showcase for a trade. Stenlund is fine, he probably didn't play against Grand Rapids for rest, or for the fact he was -5 against them when they gave up 6 goals in the third period.

Reactions: EspenK

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad