Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I love that 3rd line. I don't love MacInnis in any kind of offensive role.

That 3rd d pair could get rough.

MacInnis should be on the 4th. move scott to the wing and sherwood up and let Stenlund play damn center

Stenlund got first start of the game btw

Prapavessis already show way more than the other prospect on D

and scott had an empty net at the end

Reactions: CBJFan827

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
1st star. :hyper:

44404874324_9d588f98a9_k.0.jpg

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
A few notes:

Don't read too much into the lines. A day game following a night game means we probably won't see the best of the best in the same game this weekend.

Siebenaler skated in the warm-ups, but was scratched. 19 skaters skating in pre-game warmups is not uncommon in the AHL.

The IceHogs goal happened near where I sat. Berube was unable to get back to his right in time and no defensemen was over there.

Speaking of Berube. His new mask is awesome. It has both the old (the "CB banner with lime hockey stick J" one, not the original stinger over wordmark one) and current CBJ logos on it.

Programs are no longer the quarterly glossy booklet with daily photocopied roster sheets. The new daily program/roster sheets are basically a glossy version of the Blue Jackets programs/roster sheets.

The Blue Jackets are beginning to influence the fan culture here in Cleveland. Near the end of the game some fans started a C! L! E! variant of the C! B! J! chant.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I mean after his camp stenlund is probably like why I am playing here. at least he show up. }

hope that letestu get an alternate A for the night game if he plays

also the monsters post seem to mean they will play most of the player that were scratch yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Literally same line today just Thissen rather than Berube.

Sad to see no Letestu and Stenlund with MacInnis at center :help:

Thissen look good seem like hes 100% back from is injury that would make life difficult for Kivlenieks

Prapavessis is already a top4 D in the ahl I think.

Robinson already got 3 goal in 2 game hes looking good. Stenlund is less present it feels like.

Rockford got the first goal on PP but Robinson scored less than 30 sec later and Dalpe less than 1 min later to completely turn around the game.

add a second goal from Robinson on pp at the end of the period

a 4th from Sherwood or Scoot. honestly this feel better than watching cbj right now

Dalpe again. 5-1

5-2

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I love Abramov, many other Stenlund....watch Robinson be the one guy that helps this year.

.....this team will be good, the talent level is so much higher.
if Letestu replace MacInnis at second C and Calrsson replace Cockerill on the first paring the team will be pretty good. add maybe Clendening or harrington when jones is healthy and the team is amazing.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Literally same line today just Thissen rather than Berube

This surprised me. Heck, even the 19th skater (scratched following pre-game warmup) was Siebenaler again.

I was checking off the names of those dressed for the pre-game warmup and I was thinking "they're playing all the same lines for a day game after a night game?"

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Note for anyone coming up here for a game: The arena is a construction zone. If you're parking in the Arena lot, or anywhere on Huron, get there early before Huron becomes a complete mess (half the road is gone due to construction). By the way, due to the construction, the gates open 90 minutes before each game (usually 1 hour).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Don't get too worked up if there are different alternate captains on Monday afternoon (3 pm at Toronto). Last year, when the Monsters went with 3 "A"s and no captain, they had different "A"s for the light and dark colored jerseys.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Broadhurst (A) - Dalpe(A) - DeSalvo
Robinson - ?MacInnis? - Gerbe (C)
Thurkauf - Vigeault - Bittner
Gallant - Scott - Sherwood

Cross (A) - Cockerill
Prapavessis - Simpson (A)
Somerby - Collins

Berube
Thiessen

Stenlund and Abramov cut from roster. I guess Stenlund might be on his way to Columbus but why Abramov ?

Kivlenieks still no where to be found its a bit worrisome

Letestu, , Koules, Koroslev, Fortier, Siebenaler and Wade in the pressbox too.
would like to see Wade play a game at least and for sure Letestu is better than some of those?

Last edited:

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
That is so strange. Cut from the roster??

If Stenlund is coming up (unlikely), I wonder if that means they are waiving Hannikainen/Clendening or sending Carlsson down?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
That is so strange. Cut from the roster??

If Stenlund is coming up (unlikely), I wonder if that means they are waiving Hannikainen/Clendening or sending Carlsson down?
I just meant from the playing roster. but really idk why they are not playing. would suck if both were injured.

MacInnis deflect a shot from Gerbe 1-0
Scott make it 2-0
PP goal for Toronto 2-1
Prapavessis first pro goal damn that kid is impressive

Last edited:

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
Hmm. Jock Callender on the road with the team, doing color on radio. I wonder if they're going to send him to "babysit" Drunkie The Clown like they had to do last year on the California trip?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Hmm. Jock Callender on the road with the team, doing color on radio. I wonder if they're going to send him to "babysit" Drunkie The Clown like they had to do last year on the California trip?
What on earth are you even talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad