Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I remember hearing it a few time but I don't remember exact source.
the best I can find right away is him saying he want to learn during camp and bring that back to sweden at the end of the video

maybe there's something more official or he isn't sure yet but he still has a contract in sweden anyway for next year

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Milano/Hannikainen Gerbe*/Dalpe* Abramov
Robinson Broadhurst* Stenlund
Thurkauf Vigneault Koules
Bittner/Scott MacInnis Gallant*/Vogelhuber*
Sherwood/Fortier/DeSalvo

Cross* Carlsson/Kukan
Austin* Clendening*
Simpson Collins/Siebenaler
Somerby/Cockerill/Wade

Berube
Kivlenieks/Thiessen

something like that ?

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
im no expert whrn it comes to thee monsters but Id guess Sherwood and Fortier will be in there somewhere

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Milano/Hannikainen Gerbe*/Dalpe* Abramov
Robinson Broadhurst* Koules
Thurkauf Vigneault Stenlund
Bittner/Scott MacInnis Gallant*/Vogelhuber*
Sherwood/Fortier/Hodgson/DeSalvo

Cross* Carlsson/Kukan
Austin* Glendening*
Simpson Collins/Siebenaler
Somerby/Cockerill/Wade

Berube
Kivlenieks/Thiessen

something like that ?
Stenlund definitely isn't going to be on the wing. I rather see something like:

Milano-Stenlund-Abramov
Broadhurst-Vigneault-Gerbe/Dalpe
Thurkauf-Gerbe/Dalpe/Vigneault-Koules
Sherwood-MacInnis/Scott-Vogelhuber

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I think this is the year Sonny requests a trade if he is back in the AHL. Can't wait for this Monsters team to get rolling. They should be really good again.

Reactions: CBJFan827

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Broadhurst - Dalpe - Abramov
Thurkauf - Stenlund - Sherwood
Robinson - Vigneault - Gerbe
Bittner - Macinnis - Koules

I don't know these guys too well.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
one of Dalpe/Gerbe/Broadhurst/Clendening gotta be in Columbus if they sign both Volgelhuber and Austin

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
There is little to no chance Milano is in Cleveland this year. Maybe a rehab assignment.
he doesnt need waiver while everyone else does so if he isnt in the top9 theres no reason to keep him

pled

Sep 7, 2009
No Cockerill in the D pairing?
if Siebenaler/Collins didnt develop at all since last year I guess he take their spot but honestly I hope that collins isnt a bust. cross austin carlsson clendening simpson are lock for the top5 at the D

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
if Siebenaler/Collins didnt develop at all since last year I guess he take their spot but honestly I hope that collins isnt a bust. cross austin carlsson clendening simpson are lock for the top5 at the D

Just going by hockeydb, Cockerill played 40 games last year in CLE, with was the 4th most games for a defenseman. I think MUCH of the CLE is not "set" at all, however I am sure there are guys that the FO want more or LESS looks at then we will know or assume. There's also 100% going to be a ("new") guy or 2 added from training camp. And the team has seemed to carry "extra" guys as is. I also have to think Besse and Naas fit in here somewhere.

Too early to really have an "accurate" projection for CLE imo.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
he doesnt need waiver while everyone else does so if he isnt in the top9 theres no reason to keep him
Sonny scored 14 goals in an extremely limited role last year. Unless he completely craps the bed, he'll be with CBJ on opening night. CBJ wants to roll 4 lines that can pitch in offensively. Even in a 4th line role he'll be better off playing against NHL players. Just my opinion. I simply don't see a case for him to be sent to Cleveland.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Here is a list of Cleveland-eligible players not on the most likely 23-man roster:

FORWARDS
Gerbe
Broadhurst
Dalpe
Fortier
Vogelhuber
Abramov
MacInnis
Thurkauf
Robinson
Koules
Gallant
Bittner
Korostolev
Scott
Stenlund
Vigneault
DeSalvo
Sherwood

DEFENSEMEN
Wade
Clendening
Austin
Somerby
Cockerill
Siebenaler
Cross
Carlsson
Collins
Seabrook
Simpson
Prapavessis

GOALTENDERS
Breube
Thiessen
Kivlenieks
Raaymakers

I left Davidsson off as most speculation is that he will return to Sweden.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hey, I'm assuming this would be the best place to ask a question about Cleveland on this board. I'm a huge Browns fan and am going to the game vs the Chargers on October 14th but also a huge Leafs fan (please laugh at me for the misery I inflict on myself). I am wondering if anyone knows any NHL friendly bars that I might be able to catch a Leaf game at around Tower City. I obviously checked if there is any OSU nighttime games the night of the 13th, and that appears unclear (OSU vs Minnesota is TBA. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I see there is a thread specific to Columbus information, so I had no real idea of where to post this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad