Confirmed with Link: Clearly Cleary's Contract Continually Creates Creative Controversy

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Still can't believe it. Not only that they signed him but that he's gonna get 2.5M for being pure trash and dragging the team down.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Let's all take a moment to thank Kenny for bringing all Wings fans together, at least for a moment, because of these terrible signings.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Maybe had Cleary not been signed last year then Nyquist isn't as "rested" later in the season since he's played in Detroit all year. His incredible hot streak doesn't happen and we miss the playoffs. So really the Cleary signing got us into the playoffs last year... right guys?

I"m trying.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Hahaha.

"A wedding ring for your wife...that's critical." - Daniel Cleary

Winged words, ha ha.

Well he'll soon get 2,5 million dollars to buy some nice bling-bling for both himself and his wife (assuming he got one, I don't actually know or care).

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Still dont get this signing at all... Cleary gets 2.5 mill and Draper who trully were Red Wing alumni, selke winner and a treasured member of the team were told that he could got o training camp and earn a spot. Just to show you how screwed up that is.

Draper at 39: 47 games, 11 point and +1
Cleary at 35: 52 games, 8 points and -11

:cry: :shakehead

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Here is what i find so fascinating about the Cleary signing. They refused to promote Calle Jarnkrok over the other guys because it would send a bad message to the other prospects ahead of him, but they had no problem bringing back Cleary and promoting him over Jurco and the rest of the prospect's.

Every prospect is more talented than Cleary, but Cleary still got the nod over them.

Ken Holland does not care about winning or putting the best team on the ice.

You know what the Wings remind me of? A country club. Old money beats new money.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
This is one of those terrible signings where its horrible at first, but also continually gets worse and worse with each passing day. Holland has really outdone himself this off season

Aug 6, 2012
The bonus shows how the signing is all personal between Holland and Cleary. KFH is letting his personal friendships get in the way of building a winning organization.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Still dont get this signing at all... Cleary gets 2.5 mill and Draper who trully were Red Wing alumni, selke winner and a treasured member of the team were told that he could got o training camp and earn a spot. Just to show you how screwed up that is.

Draper at 39: 47 games, 11 point and +1
Cleary at 35: 52 games, 8 points and -11

:cry: :shakehead

You forgot the HEAVY metric. And remember, Clears has like 4 years left of realgud hockey. :laugh:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Nice on the topic title. Hello my name is Kenny Holland and **** the 7 p (previous proper planning prevents piss poor performance) theory I believe in the 7 c theory.

(insert kenny wobbily eyes gif below here if a mod has it and you unlike me are good with computers)

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
This is one of those terrible signings where its horrible at first, but also continually gets worse and worse with each passing day. Holland has really outdone himself this off season

i was just on capgeek and it reminded me Quincey was signed for 2 years. Almost 7 million tied up in those 2 :help:

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Also points to a couple things.... the people who cover this team for the big outlets are clueless. I laughed every time I read "Cleary and Quincey likely will not be resigned".... hello, do you not realize who runs this team? Also the people in a previous thread who stated that we could keep Cleary in the AHL and he wouldn't get brought up....and the dude ends up getting 1.5 mil for the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad