Trade: [CLE/UTAH] Donovan Mitchell for unprotected 2025, '27, '29 1sts, '26, '28 swaps, Lauri Markkanen, Colin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Whether the praise for him is warranted of not, it’s just sad that you only follow the sport because of a lightning in a bottle, which happens to be a basketball player from your country.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Whether the praise for him is warranted of not, it’s just sad that you only follow the sport because of a lightning in a bottle, which happens to be a basketball player from your country.
How do you know how much I/we follow the sport? I watched all the original Dream Team matches at the Barcelona Olympics. I watched NBA when games were on either Finnish tv (usually some finals, saw Lakers - Celtics finals games in the 80's) or Europort in the late 80's and early 90's. Plus I've played all the NBA 2K games since 2K11 (which I wrote a review of for a Finnish gaming site, as I did with 2K12). Just because I/we don't post here, doesn't mean I/we don't follow the sport. And naturally we watched Susijengi play at the Eurobasket and World Cup. It's actually downright disrespectful of you to use this board as a measuring stick for interest.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
How do you know how much I/we follow the sport? I watched all the original Dream Team matches at the Barcelona Olympics. I watched NBA when games were on either Finnish tv (usually some finals, saw Lakers - Celtics finals games in the 80's) or Europort in the late 80's and early 90's. Plus I've played all the NBA 2K games since 2K11 (which I wrote a review of for a Finnish gaming site, as I did with 2K12). Just because I/we don't post here, doesn't mean I/we don't follow the sport. And naturally we watched Susijengi play at the Eurobasket and World Cup. It's actually downright disrespectful of you to use this board as a measuring stick for interest.

I doubt any of that shit is true.

Nothing changes the fact that you’ve been flexing something as if it was your own accomplishment. Markkanen is a good player. So f***ing what?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I doubt any of that shit is true.

Nothing changes the fact that you’ve been flexing something as if it was your own accomplishment. Markkanen is a good player. So f***ing what?
I have several of the Dream Team games on VHS cassettes still. :laugh: I also vividly remember Tom Chambers and the Suns eliminating the Lakers in the '90 playoffs and Eurosport playing the Beatles "Here Comes The Sun" to close out the broadcast.

Oh look, Livegamers still has my NBA 2K12 review up:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I have several of the Dream Team games on VHS cassettes still. :laugh: I also vividly remember Tom Chambers and the Suns eliminating the Lakers in the '90 playoffs and Eurosport playing the Beatles "Here Comes The Sun" to close out the broadcast.

Oh look, Livegamers still has my NBA 2K12 review up:

None of that shit relevant. I’m supposed to believe you’re a big NBA fan because of a few weeks of watching NBA playoffs? And being a 2K gamer doesn’t make you an NBA fan.

Let’s face it, your first favorite team is the Bulls, then the Cavs, and now the Jazz because of one single countryman. I need your answer here. Why in the f*** do you feel the need to post multiple tweets and youtube videos about the most recent spectacular plays and performances of Markkanen?

You want to talk about disrespectful, how about when one of you Fins said the fact that Lauri is the best player in the Jazz-Cavs trade? WTF??

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Yake

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
None of that shit irrelevant. I’m supposed to believe you’re a big NBA fan because of a few weeks of watching NBA playoffs? And being a 2K gamer doesn’t make you an NBA fan.

Let’s face it, your first favorite team is the Bulls, then the Cavs, and now the Jazz because of one single countryman. I need your answer here. Why in the f*** do you feel the need to post multiple tweets and youtube videos about the most recent spectacular plays and performances of Markkanen?

You want to talk about disrespectful, how about when one of you Fins saif the fact that Lauri is the best player in the Jazz-Cavs trade? WTF??
Never said I was big "NBA fan". You don't have to be a "fan" to follow the league or a certain players. When games were on free tv in the 90's whether on Eurosport on Finnish tv, Bulls and MJ were the only thing I was interested in.

It's his opinion, the last time I checked people are allowed to have opinions on this site, whether other people agree with it. I mean, mock drafts? The real question here is, why do attack other posters for having an opinion? That is not within the site rules.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Never said I was big "NBA fan". You don't have to be a "fan" to follow the league or a certain players. When games were on free tv in the 90's whether on Eurosport on Finnish tv, Bulls and MJ were the only thing I was interested in.

It's his opinion, the last time I checked people are allowed to have opinions on this site, whether other people agree with it. I mean, mock drafts? The real question here is, why do attack other posters for having an opinion? That is not within the site rules.
Yeah, well now internet is everything. So please go ahead and just admit that you only follow the NBA because of Markkanen. Your whole “Oh look, Finland is good at basketball too, not just hockey” attitude here is the dead giveaway.

A stupid opinion. A biased opinion that is solely based on nationality without looking at facts and numbers. I’m allowed to attack that opinion. You probably have the same “opinion” anyway. Mitchell is the best player in that trade. Anyone without a pair of Finnish shades on knows that.

You also dodged my question on why you feel the need of posting Markkanen tweets, which no one cares about.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, well now internet is everything. So please go ahead and just admit that you only follow the NBA because of Markkanen. Your whole “Oh look, Finland is good at basketball too, not just hockey” attitude here is the dead giveaway.

A stupid opinion. A biased opinion that is solely based on nationality without looking at facts and numbers. I’m allowed to attack that opinion. You probably have the same “opinion” anyway. Mitchell is the best player in that trade. Anyone without a pair of Finnish shades on knows that.
Literally what this site is all about. :laugh: Are you saying you've never been to the International Tournaments board? Also, you're allowed to critique the opinion, not attack it, as per site rules.

I follow the NBA MORE because of Markkanen.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Literally what this site is all about. :laugh. Are you saying you've never been to the International Tournaments board? Also, you're allowed to critique the opinion, not attack it, as per site rules.

I follow the NBA MORE because of Markkanen.
No it isn’t. International tournament is for international play. You on the other hand have made it about Markkanen being a god just because he’s Finnish.

Isn’t that the same? I was attacking the post, not the poster. If you’re gonna post something laughable or stupid, just be prepared for responses.

So explain to me again how Markkanen is better than Mitchell.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No it isn’t. International tournament is for international play. You on the other hand have made it about Markkanen being a god just because he’s Finnish.

Isn’t that the same? I was attacking the post, not the poster. If you’re gonna post something laughable or stupid, just be prepared for responses.

So explain to me again how Markkanen is better than Mitchell.
You don't get to be the judge of what's "laughable or stupid". That is just your opinion, not a universal opinion.

I haven't made that claim. :laugh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You don't get to be the judge of what's "laughable or stupid". That is just your opinion, not a universal opinion.

I haven't made that claim. :laugh:
Well you said it yourself. I get to judge it because it’s my opinion that it’s laughable. Oh yeah, it is a universal opinion, if you exclude Finland. :laugh: Check that. It’s not an opinion. It is a FACT that Mitchell is better.

You haven’t but you know you agree with him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well you said it yourself. I get to judge it because it’s my opinion that it’s laughable. Oh yeah, it is a universal opinion, if you exclude Finland. :laugh: Check that. It’s not an opinion. It is a FACT that Mitchell is better.

You haven’t but you know you agree with him.
Right now but future...? I clearly don't agree with him.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
On this site, that means the younger player has the advantage. ;)
You can use sarcasm all you want. But you were definitely under the impression that Mitchell was a much older player that you had the audacity to say that Markkanen had a brighter future. :laugh:

Out of all the 43 qualified players that are averaging 20 or more PPG, Markkanen has the lowest APG and 1.8. In fact, he is the only one that is averaging less than 2 per game. Why is that? Forget Mitchell, I’d take Porzingis over Markkanen. :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You can use sarcasm all you want. But you were definitely under the impression that Mitchell was a much older player that you had the audacity to say that Markkanen had a brighter future. :laugh:

Out of all the 43 qualified players that are averaging 20 or more PPG, Markkanen has the lowest APG and 1.8. In fact, he is the only one that is averaging less than 2 per game. Why is that? Forget Mitchell, I’d take Porzingis over Markkanen. :laugh:
I knew he was a year older, it was well covered in Finnish media who were involved when Markkanen was traded.

If you'd watch Utah's games, you'd understand why. :laugh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I knew he was a year older, it was well covered in Finnish media who were involved when Markkanen was traded.

If you'd watch Utah's games, you'd understand why. :laugh:
Are you saying it’s a system? Lol, he is who he is. He is a prolific scorer with subpar passing skills. No system would turn him into a decent playmaker.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are you saying it’s a system? Lol, he is who he is. He is a prolific scorer with subpar passing skills. No system would turn him into a decent playmaker.
I'm saying their offense isn't exactly the best. The last two games have been the ones where he's been forced to pass the ball more instead being the catch & shooter because they lost people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad