Trade: [CLE/UTAH] Donovan Mitchell for unprotected 2025, '27, '29 1sts, '26, '28 swaps, Lauri Markkanen, Colin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
He’s not a point guard but an all star is expected to do better than that whopping 2 apg judging by the way you Finnish posters are advertising and hyping him up.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
No one, and I mean no one, homers like the Finns.
Okay, words like "hilarious" and "homers" are easy to throw out there which actually holds zero value in this context. How about just argumenting why the Finns and Jazz fans are wrong about Markkanen? Guy's a borderline All-Star in Utah, 23.6 PPG and he's supposed to be just a washed up talent.

I replied to a message which said that Utah needs more current NBA talent, that's absolutely hilarious. So argument why Markkanen isn't worth the hype, nobody is saying that he's a Jokic level guy, but this season he's been worth the hype.

And your experience of other countries fan culture is from a margin sports forum like this, i can guarantee you that half of the Europe are more of a homers than the Finns, especially the eastern side.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Okay, words like "hilarious" and "homers" are easy to throw out there which actually holds zero value in this context. How about just argumenting why the Finns and Jazz fans are wrong about Markkanen? Guy's a borderline All-Star in Utah, 23.6 PPG and he's supposed to be just a washed up talent.

I replied to a message which said that Utah needs more current NBA talent, that's absolutely hilarious. So argument why Markkanen isn't worth the hype, nobody is saying that he's a Jokic level guy, but this season he's been worth the hype.

And your experience of other countries fan culture is from a margin sports forum like this, i can guarantee you that half of the Europe are more of a homers than the Finns, especially the eastern side.
literally no one outside of Utah and/or Finland gives a f*** bro.

There are far more interesting players/storylines than a "borderline" all-star.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
literally no one outside of Utah and/or Finland gives a f*** bro.

There are far more interesting players/storylines than a "borderline" all-star.
Do i give a f*** what you guys think, there are bigger issues in the states than some basketball players. My point was that Markkanen turned out to be a key player (and the best player) of this trade even though nobody even mentioned him in this thread.

Reactions: Jussi

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Do i give a f*** what you guys think, there are bigger issues in the states than some basketball players. My point was that Markkanen turned out to be a key player (and the best player) of this trade even though nobody even mentioned him in this thread.
You sure seem like you do given you can't resist responding.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I hate the be "that guy" but didn't KBIB used to tell everyone on here that Markkanen was going to be... this good?
Yeah, but it's not like it was that far-fetched. The guy was 7 ft, great shooter coming out of college, 7th overall pick. You expect those guys to be good, even if quite a few are misses. He still has a lot to prove though, like consistency and being a significant piece on a contending team.

Bulls fan, "Kris Bryant is Best" or something like that.

Reactions: Voight and Jussi

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, but it's not like it was that far-fetched. The guy was 7 ft, great shooter coming out of college, 7th overall pick. You expect those guys to be good, even if quite a few are misses. He still has a lot to prove though, like consistency and being a significant piece on a contending team.

Bulls fan, "Kris Bryant is Best" or something like that.

Well, he was wrong about everything else so I supposed even a broken clock is right at times.

Reactions: Jack Straw

TRich14

Jan 17, 2023
with garland back there as well they have 1 of the best scoring backcourts in the league probably since portland and dame and CJ. utah have not done badly out of that trade too as the gobert experiment failed and they let him go to a bad team. sportsbetting3.com has cavs as a dark horse in the east and utah should package those picks to try and move up in the draft.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
You guys stan him all you want, he's good and this forum is meant for basketball discussion

but that was a bad take to start and aged like milk when D Mitch out there dropping 70 lol

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
The Finns are having their feelings hurt that no one - and I mean no one else - gives a shit about Lauri Markkanen?
Yes absolutely no one else, i mean no one. No one!! What about now? How can other players and fans even know about this Marrkanenn guy?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad