Trade: [CLE/UTAH] Donovan Mitchell for unprotected 2025, '27, '29 1sts, '26, '28 swaps, Lauri Markkanen, Colin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Jazz got a lot of picks and swaps, but they needed to get more current NBA talent than Sexton for Mitchell. Cavs won this one.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
woah, was not expecting that

do the jazz now own every pick in the next 5 drafts after the gobert and mitchell trades?

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Utah own Minnesota and Cleveland for the next 6-years.
Cleveland picks won't blow up like the Wolves picks will, tho. That Gobert trade will set them back to the David Khan dark ages

Reactions: Elvis P

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The Jazz got a lot of picks and swaps, but they needed to get more current NBA talent than Sexton for Mitchell. Cavs won this one.
The Jazz are going to be really young, really fast and they're going to give teams fits. On top of that, the picks and financial flexibility really opens things up for them. I'm intrigued to see what Jazz do going forward.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Damn 3rd time when Markkanen is traded.
Does he really suck so badly no-one won't keep him any longer.

No NBA playoffs for Lauri Markkanen spring 2023.
So that means Markkanen has lots of time perform his military service next April when NBA season is over.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wow Cleveland playing with fire

Because of this trade Mobley can't sign an extension till 2025 and is an RFA so he can be offersheeted

some risk, but more in the now thinking

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cleveland is definitely better after this. I don't think this is enough to push them into that upper echelon but Mitchell/Mobley/Garland is a pretty solid nucleus that has potential to get even better in time too.

Plus they have decent depth too with guys like Allen and LaVert.

Early projection has them somewhere around 4th/5th

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
LOL at that Stephen A post, he was breaking his character a little bit with his dupers delight grin, that dude is such hoot

Cleveland is definitely better after this. I don't think this is enough to push them into that upper echelon but Mitchell/Mobley/Garland is a pretty solid nucleus that has potential to get even better in time too.

Plus they have decent depth too with guys like Allen and LaVert.

Early projection has them somewhere around 4th/5th
Well they're in that Miami/Boston/Mil/Phil tier for sure, look at the standings and how little separates them, don't see how they're not in that mix. I think it's likely they're ahead of a couple of them, almost a guarantee they're a home court seed

Toronto/Chi/Brooklyn/ATL are that tier below them , though I think Nets could surprise if Simmons can actually play

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I’m ecstatic about this deal. Those picks will be in the 20s anyway. Not a big loss. Garland and Mitchell have defensive issues but I can’t think of a better front court to try and mitigate some of those issues then Allen and Mobley.

Wow Cleveland playing with fire

Because of this trade Mobley can't sign an extension till 2025 and is an RFA so he can be offersheeted

some risk, but more in the now thinking
Cavs would match any offer so I doubt that matters. Plus Mitchell will probably sign an extension before that becomes a problem. So Mobley will get his money.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its nice to see the Cavs going for it.

This is also a case study on why you don't read into any rumor that has *insert star player* going to the Knicks. They never get anyone.

Damn 3rd time when Markkanen is traded.
Does he really suck so badly no-one won't keep him any longer.

No NBA playoffs for Lauri Markkanen spring 2023.
So that means Markkanen has lots of time perform his military service next April when NBA season is over.

Old enough to remember when @Krisbryantisbest told us he was going to be a star :eyeroll:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad