Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

Sep 19, 2008
Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate
now

BREAKING: The NFL and NFLPA have reached a settlement in the Deshaun Watson case: Watson is suspended 11 games and will receive a $5 million fine. Watson will also undergo a treatment program. Watson will return vs. the Texans, his former team, in Houston.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Oh the drama of his return game being in Houston...

If you are CLE the goal is being 6-5 during his absence in my view. They can win 6 games looking at that schedule with Jacoby Brissett in there.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I think the 11 games is too enact the highest amount of punishment on the Browns as possible this season and then they have to pay Watson his full amount next season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The chants he’s gonna get once he comes back will be NSFW

I’m going to guess he’s been told to never, ever admit he did any of this and never apologize for it. He still has the one civil suit outstanding, but even bigger, he’s never been found not guilty by any jury. He still has criminal liability hanging out there. Yes, a couple of grand juries decided not to press charges, but that doesn’t stop him from ever facing charges if he goes out and admits he sexually assaulted women.

Yes, I’m a Browns fan, so I know there’s no way to reply like this without it looking like a defense or excuse of him sounding horrible every time he talks about his disgusting massage history.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the 11 games is too enact the highest amount of punishment on the Browns as possible this season and then they have to pay Watson his full amount next season.
That would have happened anyways. His entire contract is guaranteed. What he didn’t want was his contract to toll because he sees so little of it the first year. Instead he agrees to the fine in that he basically pays to play this season so that he still gets the money next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m going to guess he’s been told to never, ever admit he did any of this and never apologize for it. He still has the one civil suit outstanding, but even bigger, he’s never been found not guilty by any jury. He still has criminal liability hanging out there. Yes, a couple of grand juries decided not to press charges, but that doesn’t stop him from ever facing charges if he goes out and admits he sexually assaulted women.

Yes, I’m a Browns fan, so I know there’s no way to reply like this without it looking like a defense or excuse of him sounding horrible every time he talks about his disgusting massage history.
You’re right, there was something like 60 incidents reported, so they didn’t even get halfway there. The second he admits to anything, the rest will be able to come for him.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
He's still lying and maintaining his innocence. They always say lying hurts, but not in this case. What was the apology for then? It should have been 1-2 years and since he didn't play last year due to this, last year's salary $10M. Do they stick with Brissett or trade for Jimmy G? Mayfield suffered a completely torn labrum and fraying in his left, non-throwing shoulder in Week 2 while attempting to make a tackle and played hurt the whole season. He would have been better than Brissett for the first 11 games.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's still lying and maintaining his innocence. They always saying lying hurts, but not in this case. What was the apology for then? It should have been 1-2 years and since he didn't play last year due to this, last year's salary $10M. Do they stick with Brissett or trade for Jimmy G? Mayfield suffered a completely torn labrum and fraying in his left, non-throwing shoulder in Week 2 while attempting to make a tackle and played hurt the whole season. He would have been better than Brissett for the first 11 games.

They'll stick with Brissett for 11 games. No point in getting Handsome Jim this close to the season.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He's still lying and maintaining his innocence. They always say lying hurts, but not in this case. What was the apology for then? It should have been 1-2 years and since he didn't play last year due to this, last year's salary $10M. Do they stick with Brissett or trade for Jimmy G? Mayfield suffered a completely torn labrum and fraying in his left, non-throwing shoulder in Week 2 while attempting to make a tackle and played hurt the whole season. He would have been better than Brissett for the first 11 games.
It's pretty much lawyering 101 to never admit fault to make the other side prove it. Heck, even insurance companies tell their customers to never admit fault, no should you; if one slips up in a recorded statement...it can be used against you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad