Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If any of us were to do what Deshaun did we'd lose our job or get kicked out of our university program and have trouble getting any sort of career for the rest of our life.

Nfl players should be held to a higher standard as many kids look up to these guys. Someone who does what he does should face a lengthy suspension, 6 games is just a joke.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If any of us were to do what Deshaun did we'd lose our job or get kicked out of our university program and have trouble getting any sort of career for the rest of our life.

Nfl players should be held to a higher standard as many kids look up to these guys. Someone who does what he does should face a lengthy suspension, 6 games is just a joke.

I would think that the majority of us commoners would be behind bars as well, without the money and celeb status, I find it hard to believe anyone could have 20+ accusations and avoid jailtime

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I would think that the majority of us commoners would be behind bars as well, without the money and celeb status, I find it hard to believe anyone could have 20+ accusations and avoid jailtime
The more likely scenario is that a commoner would be banned from 20 different legitimate massage practitioners but the events are known only to the perp and the practitioner. Or the session is done before it gets started. I mean, if a commoner asked for just a towel or nude in a legit place...a therapist will not be accommodating that request.

At least in the filings, part of the reason they didn't stop right away was fear of his rep, power, or maybe respect for his status. Since a commoner is just a face, they'd just pull the plug at the first sexual suggestion.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I am still so bemused as why Cleveland would trade for this guy? They had Baker Mayfield who was pretty successful by Cleveland standards. Why trade the farm for a position they dont need for a guy whose a PR nightmare for sexual assault of all things in the me too era?

I just dont get Cleveland at all....they deserve to be a bottom feeder for life with moves like this.

Reactions: fin8

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How many people will boo, how many will cheer?

I'm sure we are gonna get some unflattering chants.
If you go on the basis that Browns fans who are angry and vehemently upset about this holds enough weight, they won’t be at the game, so the reception should actually be good.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
How many people will boo, how many will cheer?

I'm sure we are gonna get some unflattering chants.

There are unflattering chants at every game to every road team, these might be a bit nastier but in the end it will mean nothing, Michael Vick came back and played, and yeah there were a few protests and a lot of booing but in the end it was meaningless, and people care a hell of a lot more about dogs in this country than they do about women.

There will be a lot of bluster on talk radio about people never watching again and giving up their season tickets and stuff like that, but there will be a line of people a mile long ready to take them, and as soon as Watson returns from suspension and starts slinging TD passes it will all be forgotten about, and rarely brought up again until he retires or leaves the team.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I am still so bemused as why Cleveland would trade for this guy? They had Baker Mayfield who was pretty successful by Cleveland standards. Why trade the farm for a position they dont need for a guy whose a PR nightmare for sexual assault of all things in the me too era?

I just dont get Cleveland at all....they deserve to be a bottom feeder for life with moves like this.
Baker must have failed on film and in the room. And no one is satisfied with mediocrity.

As a QB, Watson is miles ahead of Baker even though he's a perv.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There are unflattering chants at every game to every road team, these might be a bit nastier but in the end it will mean nothing, Michael Vick came back and played, and yeah there were a few protests and a lot of booing but in the end it was meaningless, and people care a hell of a lot more about dogs in this country than they do about women.

There will be a lot of bluster on talk radio about people never watching again and giving up their season tickets and stuff like that, but there will be a line of people a mile long ready to take them, and as soon as Watson returns from suspension and starts slinging TD passes it will all be forgotten about, and rarely brought up again until he retires or leaves the team.
It has nothing to do with dogs vs. women, it was that Vick was served justice, did his time, and proved to be a reformed person.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
It has nothing to do with dogs vs. women, it was that Vick was served justice, did his time, and proved to be a reformed person.

Yeah that didn't stop protests and booing and people threatening to stop watching or giving up their season tickets when their team signed him, people still bitch about it in Pittsburgh if his name is brought up, and many if not most people will never forgive him for what he did.

But the point is, the booing and protesting and other stuff will be meaningless, Watson is an elite pro athlete who has been harassed by opposing fans forever, he will tune it out and be just fine, just like Vick did, and countless other guys who did something bad and came back to play. These guys didn't get to where they are to be scared away and have their feelings hurt by some drunks calling them bad names.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that didn't stop protests and booing and people threatening to stop watching or giving up their season tickets when their team signed him, people still bitch about it in Pittsburgh if his name is brought up, and many if not most people will never forgive him for what he did.

But the point is, the booing and protesting and other stuff will be meaningless, Watson is an elite pro athlete who has been harassed by opposing fans forever, he will tune it out and be just fine, just like Vick did, and countless other guys who did something bad and came back to play. These guys didn't get to where they are to be scared away and have their feelings hurt by some drunks calling them bad names.
It’s never going to stop every single person from forgiving Vick, or anyone, just because you won’t satisfy anyone. The serial nature of Watson’s transgressions, I don’t think this will go away, ever.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It’s never going to stop every single person from forgiving Vick, or anyone, just because you won’t satisfy anyone. The serial nature of Watson’s transgressions, I don’t think this will go away, ever.
Ray Lewis and Roethlisberger still had careers after their issues.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It should be.

& what a massive failure by Cleveland to play him, shows what they care about

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

How classy of the Browns to show solidarity with a sexual predator.

If they thought the crowd in preseason Jacksonville was hostile I cannot wait to see how a city in their division reacts. Baltimore and especially Pittsburgh are going to get their pound of flesh especially with the latter being mocked by Browns fans for 15+ years over their own QB's transgressions.

As others have said, this isn't something that's going to go away.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

How classy of the Browns to show solidarity with a sexual predator.

If they thought the crowd in preseason Jacksonville was hostile I cannot wait to see how a city in their division reacts. Baltimore and especially Pittsburgh are going to get their pound of flesh especially with the latter being mocked by Browns fans for 15+ years over their own QB's transgressions.

As others have said, this isn't something that's going to go away.

How out of touch can they be?

This isn’t the fight to go all in for your player, or use the victim card

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia