Trade: [CLE/CIN/SD] T. Bauer to CIN, Trammell to SD, L. Allen, Y. Puig, F. Reyes, V. Nova, S. Moss to CLE

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Why? He's not that good.
24 years old, under team control until ‘25 season, and the bat is pretty good.

EAxSAa3WwAEDHyu.png

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I, too, like stealing intellectual property. Linking it is fine, if you can't read it, that's your choice.
At the very least add a capttion so a click and time ain't wasted.

Stealing intellectual property....The Athletic. So f***ing dramatic.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don’t get this for the Padres.

Despite the Machado signing, I think the realisic window to start making noise was 2021. If he pans out, Trammell would add a LH bat to the top of the order to add some needed OBP. It was a little tough to find enough playing time for Renfroe, Reyes, Myers into two corner OF spots. Myers has been awful, but they're stuck with him and his extension for the foreseeable future. I think I've seen some people who think Trammell won't be CF down the road, so we'll see how that pans out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not sure I get hate for Reyes here

24 yrs old with great power who could be a 40+ HR guy going forward
It's not hate, it's just reality. He only has value when he has a bat in his hand, and that's for only 5-10 minutes a game.

He has a ton of power and is hitting above average, but he doesn't provide value anywhere else. Khris Davis was gotten for dirt cheap for that very reason.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah might as well edit the title to recognize that CIN basically acquired Aristedes Aquino in this deal.

Became an everyday player and looks like he might be a star. Posting Giancarlo Stanton and Joey Gallo exit velocities. Also had a 100+ MPH throw from the outfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad