Trade: [CLE/CIN/SD] T. Bauer to CIN, Trammell to SD, L. Allen, Y. Puig, F. Reyes, V. Nova, S. Moss to CLE

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So Cleveland gets 2 bats for their corner OF spots now.

The Pads get another quality prospect...who hasn't had a particularly strong year. Will this lead to them trading a bunch of prospects for Thor?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This has been the most random WTF trade deadline ever.

I don't exactly get this for the Reds...what, they get an extra year of Bauer over Puig and give up Trammell to do it? It's not as if they're in the race this year so really only Bauer's 2020 matters to them.

Reactions: DougieSmash

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So Cleveland gets 2 bats for their corner OF spots now.

The Pads get another quality prospect...who hasn't had a particularly strong year. Will this lead to them trading a bunch of prospects for Thor?

This is a GREAT deal for the Indians OTOH...they had to get a lot to justify selling Bauer, well Reyes and Puig gives their offense a much-needed boost. They didn't sell, they shifted assets and traded from their strength to fortify a weakness.

I'm not sure how much I get this for San Diego either, tbh - they must really be down on Allen and think Reyes is a fluke, but Trammell's not exactly lighting up AA either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So are all the people (re: MLB execs) who ******* about how the Blue Jays getting nothing for Stroman depressed the market going to change their tune now after what the Indians got for Bauer? This deal certainly makes the Stroman trade look a lot more suspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad