Claude: "Life Goes On."

7bostonhockey*

Claude coached the heck out of the Canadian Olympic team defense.
What a masterpiece

I'm on board with keeping claude.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Should have just fired Clode after last season's playoff failures and hired Laviolette.

****, that is the guy I really wanted.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I think CJ would have already been gone if the players didn't have his back.

I have my criticisms of CJ. And I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't intrigued by some of the possibilities of a new philosophy behind the bench. But I also respect the hell out of Julien, and especially what he's accomplished here.

I feel the same a/b him as I do this core. Give him/them the right tools they need around them, and we'll be right back in the saddle. Easier said than done.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
People must remember too, Clode is the reason Spooner centred Looch and Pasta, that was his master stroke, he may have botched it against the Caps but he gave them a chance and got us in the position to even make the playoffs, don't forget that!

He gave them a chance with that line and then choked it away at crunch time imo. It may have been a masterstroke but... well here's a before and after

Ecce_Homo_(Elías_Martínez,_Cecilia_Giménez).jpg

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
He gave them a chance with that line and then choked it away at crunch time imo. It may have been a masterstroke but... well here's a before and after

Ecce_Homo_(Elías_Martínez,_Cecilia_Giménez).jpg

I can see his reasoning behind it, and it didn't work so he reverted back, just way too late for anyones liking. Everybody makes mistakes, I think people need to cut him a bit of slack and people will complain like crazy if hes gone and we start going through coaches like hot dinners.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
While my main gripe has been the "inexplicable" line shake up, he made a lot of poor coaching decisions throughout the year, all of which have been thoroughly covered between this and other topics.

Would I be opposed to him staying on a short leash? No, but on the other hand if things are sour to start next year will bringing in a new HC make things better at that point? I think the short leash scenario could be the worst scenario for the team overall

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
But but but, the perfect and impossible to replace coach have missed the playoffs )))))
The same coach who have been put to garbabe by two organisation who won 27 stanley cups

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Whats the bet, if Claude isn't kept on, that Habs fire Therrien and take Claude back. I can tell you right now they will do it, and I will lose my mind.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Claude will find new employer faster than Chiarelli if he is fired.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Whats the bet, if Claude isn't kept on, that Habs fire Therrien and take Claude back. I can tell you right now they will do it, and I will lose my mind.

I have no problem to see prust get more ice time than paccioretti ))))) and see galchenyuk put out of line up )))

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Yeah I called this a few months back. It's very very very likely.

To me the only thing that could prevent it is the Sharks coaching spot. I'd feel way better if he landed in the West. Him getting the Flyers or Habs job would make me barf.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Wonder if Clode is taking notes on how easy it is to beat the Habs. He cost us the cup last year(on top of 2012, 2010)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Wonder if Clode is taking notes on how easy it is to beat the Habs. He cost us the cup last year(on top of 2012, 2010)

You seriously believe that the Bruins of 2010, 2012 & 2013 were prevented from winning the Cup because of Julien?

What was that term you used to describe him earlier?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It's going to come down to who Sweeney has a better relationship with, Claude or Cam

Clearly, the closer relationship is between Don & Cam.

I very much want to keep Claude. Still, it's difficult to see how he stays if the guy in charge supposedly wanted him fired mid season. And if I'm Julien, do I want to stay where I'm not wanted? He'll be snapped up instantly if dismissed, and could well land a job with greater say in terms of personnel & style of play.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
So funny how clode is free of everything and all his assistants are bad and guilty )))))) hahahaha

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Clode should get a stab at next year anyway. Bad and inexperienced right wingers and a weak defense is hard to overcome no matter what coach.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Clearly, the closer relationship is between Don & Cam.

I very much want to keep Claude. Still, it's difficult to see how he stays if the guy in charge supposedly wanted him fired mid season. And if I'm Julien, do I want to stay where I'm not wanted? He'll be snapped up instantly if dismissed, and could well land a job with greater say in terms of personnel & style of play.

Who knows what will happen but I`ll tell you one thing.

As strange as a time this must be for Claude, if me, I`d have little issues enjoying my morning Cheerios knowing whatever happens, I`m gettin paid and I`ll be unemployed for a sleep, maybe two if they can me:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad