Claude: "Life Goes On."

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
Funny usually people say he refuses to change lines and now he does too much ok I will add that to the list . I will be honest I don't agree with everything he does and I am sure the odd time I as well as you guys are right and he is wrong. The other forty times he is right. This is the most well respected best coach we have had here in a while. You guys want to go through a turning door of coach after coach buy all means let the fun begin. I look at results , respect of players and the league. I don't begin to think I can come up with a better system, plan than an nhl coach. I will admit every coach does have a shelf life but I am not ready to admit his is up after a 96 point season under trying circumstances.

It was the timing of the line shake up that made no sense. Going into must win games and riding a 5 game win streak why would anyone break up the most productive line the team has had, maybe all season?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
It was the timing of the line shake up that made no sense. Going into must win games and riding a 5 game win streak why would anyone break up the most productive line the team has had, maybe all season?

The only reason I can think of is so the other teams didn't just shut them down completely, obviously that backfired because the production wasn't felt on any other lines they were put on, and I don't agree he should have but you gotta see it from his point, a rookie, spooner, and Looch who together aren't great in their own end but lets not go into that discussion, he needed to adjust and revert back quicker

But as I said on the last page, to drag this steaming pile of **** that it was most of the season up to the most points in history to not make the playoffs when the roster was plagued by injury and bad trades to me says a lot. Claude can take this team to another cup in the short term, but can management give him the roster capable?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I'm curious as to how Randy Carlyle would have this roster performing. He took a mediocre Leaf team to the playoffs. Almost the 2nd round

Pass. I know what you're saying but again, you look at Claude who did similar this season (only without making the actual playoffs), and he IS a better coach.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Yeah no thanks. The Blues roster is built for the playoffs and yet every year they underachieve. Doesn't mean that's all on Hitchcock, but I wouldn't get rid of Claude for him.

Poor mans Julien, I can't even imagine what Claude could do with Hitchcock's roster.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Babcock - 950-527-285-19-119 .627 playoffs 144-82-62 .569

Julien - 858-470-278-10-102 .613 playoffs 109-61-47 .560

One Cup each.

Not much of a difference.

Who had the better players?

Bingo! And quite honestly, even though I respect Babcock, I don't want to watch clutch and grab hockey. Babcock's teams hold, hold, hold, interfere, hold. It's ugly hockey. When Julien has the horses his teams put up plenty of goals and don't resort to the crap that Babcock's teams do.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Babcock - 950-527-285-19-119 .627 playoffs 144-82-62 .569

Julien - 858-470-278-10-102 .613 playoffs 109-61-47 .560

One Cup each.

Not much of a difference.

Who had the better players?

Probably babs had the better players.

Claude makes some questionable decisions but a lot on here would realize fairly quickly that his replacement will most likely be a worse coach than him.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
The only reason I can think of is so the other teams didn't just shut them down completely, obviously that backfired because the production wasn't felt on any other lines they were put on, and I don't agree he should have but you gotta see it from his point, a rookie, spooner, and Looch who together aren't great in their own end but lets not go into that discussion, he needed to adjust and revert back quicker

But as I said on the last page, to drag this steaming pile of **** that it was most of the season up to the most points in history to not make the playoffs when the roster was plagued by injury and bad trades to me says a lot. Claude can take this team to another cup in the short term, but can management give him the roster capable?

I want to believe that but I can't see it after the train wreck of this season; which he is at fault for too. His coaching decisions did not do the team any favors at multiple points through the year, and moving forward will he really be OK with relaxed defense in favor of better offense?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I want to believe that but I can't see it after the train wreck of this season; which he is at fault for too. His coaching decisions did not do the team any favors at multiple points through the year, and moving forward will he really be OK with relaxed defense in favor of better offense?

Give him the players and he will get it done. This team to me is on a knife edge, 2 good moves and we're back in the sweet spot, take away injuries and im still confident. I hope Claude stays and we make good, solid, well thought roster moves here. After stepping back, leaving emotions and frustrations aside, and seeing how Clode took a broken down roster plagued with injury so close to the playoffs fils me with confidence. People must remember too, Clode is the reason Spooner centred Looch and Pasta, that was his master stroke, he may have botched it against the Caps but he gave them a chance and got us in the position to even make the playoffs, don't forget that!

And I wanna hear Felger ***** and whine before the season starts about how the Bruins are wrong to keep Julien and how much he wants him gone only to be silenced by the success that this club will have next season, I may be a little inspired right now but I honestly do believe we will be right back where we belong next season! :yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah no thanks. The Blues roster is built for the playoffs and yet every year they underachieve. Doesn't mean that's all on Hitchcock, but I wouldn't get rid of Claude for him.

Problem is, IMO, goal-tending and Hitch demands his players to play each game like it`s game 7 (which, in theory sounds and looks good) but by the time the playoffs roll around, his team literally runs out of steam IMO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

train wreck of a season with a lineup that often looked like an AHL team, mixed in a core who underachieved, a #1 A/B center who played half the season who still scratched 96 points out

We have seen it before, when and if Julien has the talent, they succeed. He has his warts for sure but my biggest issue with CJ was the constant rolling out of the Soupy/Paille`s when they needed to be stapled to the bench, now...he won`t have that option if he`s still behind the bench

give him the horses, CJ or whomever else will be fine

I`ve tried to come up with a few names out there who could have coached this team and been able to do more with the crud Julien was fed this year and I can`t think of any?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bingo! And quite honestly, even though I respect Babcock, I don't want to watch clutch and grab hockey. Babcock's teams hold, hold, hold, interfere, hold. It's ugly hockey. When Julien has the horses his teams put up plenty of goals and don't resort to the crap that Babcock's teams do.

I'm with you. Watching the playoffs shows so clearly what teams play uptempo exciting games and which teams play boring slow games. Unfortunately our B's are boring, but Detroit is almost unwatchable to me.

Can you imagine the penalty/pp differential we'd have if Boston plaid that style?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I like Babcock`s belief in puck possession and his teams have often played a very good possession game, nothing frustrates me more than teams who ice a puck immediately on the PK if and when they have the time to pass it around, waste a bit more time. Not much of the dump and chase game with Babcock`s team either

What I don`t and didn`t like in that Bolts series is when behind, Babcock looked just as stubborn as Claude could at times and changed nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad