Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien to return as Bruins coach for 2015-16 season

OrrCam

Aug 9, 2008
Why does he need to? Give him something more than AHL and broken down vets and his system is more than proven.

Did I miss something where Claude assembled a roster with Kelly, Gagne, Campbell, Paille, Caron and Fraser?

Yep, you may have missed the smile on Clode's face evey time he sent one of these plugs over the boards.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
You mean the line that couldn't get out of their own zone if their lives depended on it? They were routinely pinned in. There's a reason they weren't out there when nursing a lead

Claudes precious fourth line was routinely pinned in. And if it wasn't for Spooner and Pasta they end last season much further out of the race

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
You mean the line that couldn't get out of their own zone if their lives depended on it? They were routinely pinned in. There's a reason they weren't out there when nursing a lead

No line was worse than the 4th line in exiting their zone , and they were never benched. But oh yeah they racked up a whopping total of about 30 pts combined on the season. There's a reason why they played so much - clode.

OrrCam

Aug 9, 2008
You mean how long or which game do we see Pastrnak or Spooner on the bench while two 4th line players, masquerading as 3rd line players, are playing late in a game when the Bruins are up a goal or in a tied game ?

Yeah, and how long will we have to wait to see the team down a goal with a minute left and the goalie out.....and Talbot comes over the boards as the extra attacher?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Claude is one of the best coaches in the league. Top five or better. You can't build a house without a hammer and a saw. The Bruins have not done a great job drafting top prospects in the last few years.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I don't hate it.

Dude won a recent cup and a presidents trophy, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I don't hate it. I think Claude deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Now if they make a decision on Lucic sooner rather than later we can finally get on to talking about something else.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Does anyone really think that Julien will change his coaching ways?

Nope.

I suspect for a few games the tempo will look different. But just like the last 7 seasons, he'll go right back to doing what he's been doing and that's it. He's too stubborn. And you'll see. Hopefully it'll be one short leash cause I dont see him being the answer at the coaching position.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
What about the Cup win and the trip to the finals two years later ? Julien had nothing to do with that right ?

in 90 & 91 Milbury coached the Bruins to a cup finals and conference finals - he should still be coaching the Bruins right .

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
The strawman...the argument of the defeated

So I've asked before what's the statue of limitations for a cup winning coach, how many years do we waste under the stifling system of Julien. He was fortunate enough to have the pieces ( D & goaltending) in 11 and 13 how long do we wait for him to get the required pieces to run his system again.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Claude is one of the best coaches in the league. Top five or better. You can't build a house without a hammer and a saw. The Bruins have not done a great job drafting top prospects in the last few years.
"You can't expect me to cook the dinner if I can't shop for the groceries"......Bill Parcells on his being restrained by the Patriots GM from personnel decisions.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
What about the Cup win and the trip to the finals two years later ? Julien had nothing to do with that right ?

I'm not talking about the cup win or trip to the finals, I'm talking about this past season. Past success doesn't mean continued success, nor does it excuse current failure. Julien lost all benefit of the doubt with his horrible mismanagement of lines at the end of the season imo

Last year was not a case of julien pressing the right buttons and the team failing, he frequently pressed the wrong ones and cost the team a chance at winning.

With how he handled the team all season, and especially at the death, and how the game has changed in the last half decade I have zero confidence in Claude being the right coach for this team

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Deserves another chance. The Bruins were back on track in the past 30 games.

jdz

May 22, 2013
I'm not talking about the cup win or trip to the finals, I'm talking about this past season. Past success doesn't mean continued success, nor does it excuse current failure. Julien lost all benefit of the doubt with his horrible mismanagement of lines at the end of the season imo

Last year was not a case of julien pressing the right buttons and the team failing, he frequently pressed the wrong ones and cost the team a chance at winning.

With how he handled the team all season, and especially at the death, and how the game has changed in the last half decade I have zero confidence in Claude being the right coach for this team

One season doth not make the coach.

The team had a terrible preseason and was not healthy. That had significantly more impact on the results than the coaching.

He deserves another shot considering his OVERALL excellence. Not a kneejerk firing over one poor season.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Fine with it, if this is the route they take then build a roster Julien will use. That means you trade Spooner immediately now. He will never play the defensive game he expects from his centers so get what you can for him. Draft strong two way centers and defensemen. Wingers do not need to be as strong defensively, thank God Pasta is a winger, so get your skill there.

Just get on the same page and work to build a roster fit for his system. If you expect him to change his coaching style this next season will be a disaster.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
What are we afraid about? I'm willing to give Claude until December to prove he's the right coach. Have him change the transition game from Defense to Offense and give him a young roster to force him to play the young guys. If he doesn't like coaching them, tough luck.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

He didn't have the horses this year ,the President's trophy was only a year ago. As far as the lines went this year ,yes I agree the Campbell line played too much but it isn't like he had a lot of options .Most coaches would have been leery to play the Pasta line a lot considering how bad they were in their own zone .

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
He didn't have the horses this year ,the President's trophy was only a year ago. As far as the lines went this year ,yes I agree the Campbell line played too much but it isn't like he had a lot of options .Most coaches would have been leery to play the Pasta line a lot considering how bad they were in their own zone .

The horses are going to be pretty similar next season so instead of being okay with 9th place, maybe have a coach who can get the best out of his players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad