Management Claude Julien - Mod Warning post 643

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What's absurd is that you say you want to replace Julien but are utterly incapable of coming up with someone to replace him with. All you offer are excuse why you won't which are all weak sauce.

Who said that? You've taken my responses to your posts to mean that, where in reality I'm only saying you cannot definitively say nobody else could do this because it's not something that is provable. Your argument is nonsensical in that way, and that's what I have an issue with. :laugh:

Now, I can say that I think this team has tuned out Claude. At least the veterans. And that's problematic. I also think this started to happen 3 years ago and has been left by management to fester, which is why you get a bubble team 3 years running despite them having enough quality players to be a middling playoff team, IMO. In terms of this season alone, he's tightened up the defensive play for sure, but he's done so at the expense of the offense. In other words, he's robbing Peter to pay Paul, and that's something that is rarely sustainable in sports. You can only mask a real issue for so long and the issue with this team is honestly that they're not good enough on the back end. Sure Sweeney has a hand in all of that obviously, but he's realistically not going to fire himself.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
When your best players are not your best players, you don't succeed.

Whether they are not playing well due to coaching, injuries, or women messing with their heads is something management needs to address soon.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I never said NOBODY else could replace him, I simply said (correctly to this point) that you wouldn't or couldn't provide a name of someone available who could replace him. You still haven't.

No, I have not because providing a name does nothing to prove or disprove your assertion. If anything it feeds into the nonsense. :laugh:

For the record, still waiting for a response on the question about last game and the stark contrast in style of play between the first two periods and the third.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The easiest, laziest, uninformed thing to say is "Get rid of him! Somebody else would do better!"

But I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the argument nobody could do better is flawed. I'm also saying that if Claude coached this team more like he had them play in the third period of last game, they'd be more enjoyable to watch, and wouldn't constantly be playing from behind.

It's not a coaching change I want for change's sake. It's better play. If that comes from within, and Claude tweaks his system to allow for more offense, great. If he doesn't, then I want a coaching change because this team is better offensively than we've seen.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
No, I have not because providing a name does nothing to prove or disprove your assertion. If anything it feeds into the nonsense. :laugh:

For the record, still waiting for a response on the question about last game and the stark contrast in style of play between the first two periods and the third.

Obviously, Claude told them to suck balls in the first two periods and play lights out in the third.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Also, you haven't provided a name because you can't.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
But I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the argument nobody could do better is flawed. I'm also saying that if Claude coached this team more like he had them play in the third period of last game, they'd be more enjoyable to watch, and wouldn't constantly be playing from behind.

It's not a coaching change I want for change's sake. It's better play. If that comes from within, and Claude tweaks his system to allow for more offense, great. If he doesn't, then I want a coaching change because this team is better offensively than we've seen.

Except that no one has said that in this thread. You accuse others (wrongly) of strawman arguments, then keep throwing your own out there.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
What's absurd is that you say you want to replace Julien but are utterly incapable of coming up with someone to replace him with. All you offer are excuse why you won't which are all weak sauce.

The idea that the average fan has the overarching knowledge to identify a coach who fits the qualifications and needs of this Bruins team (which we watch as relative outsiders) is a silly notion.

The idea that there are no plausible replacements amongst thousands of hockey coaches is a silly notion.

Some of the same people who claimed "no one is available" are all the sudden saying Gallant is a great option. Why? Because they apparently have no knowledge outside of immediate recent NHL coaches. Implying that if Claude were let go, "there isn't anyone I see available" is an obviously idiotic and small minded thought process.

Claude staying vs. Claude going is a debate. If "there is anyone available" is not. There are thousands of hockey coaches, at all different levels, with all different ideas. Asking the average fan to "drop a couple names" as some sort of means to prove your ridiculously premised point is entirely ignorant of the idiocy of your implication.

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Never said that. But to prove that someone could I would need an example of a particular coach to make that opinion.
So if i say a Gerard Gallant and Kirk Muller combo would do better, would this make me wrong?

How can it be proved one way or the other?

Fact of the matter is this team has had several terrible starts and have gone down 2-0, even 3-0 of late and IMO... that's on the coach.

I can't tell you somebody could do better. But you can't tell me that a Gallant,Muller combo can't either.

And fwiw, i am not saying to fire Claude, but i wouldn't be pissed if he is. Sometimes a team just needs a new voice.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
When your best players are not your best players, you don't succeed.

Whether they are not playing well due to coaching, injuries, or women messing with their heads is something management needs to address soon.

This gets underplayed here because it's a coach thread and everybody loves blaming the coach, but Bergeron is a supposed top 15 or so NHL player. He's played almost all season between our two best offensive players (where have you gone David Krejci?). And Bergeron is on pace for 10 goals and 24 points. That is downright terrible.

And surely it's fair to assume there's some reasonable excuse for his terrible numbers (lingering injury?), but I don't get why he gets excuses given his record but you try to give Claude the excuse that his best player has been crap all year and it gets you nowhere. If you told me this offseason that Brandon Carlo would be my best defenseman, Bergeron would be on pace for 24 points at Christmas, Marchand would be on pace for 22 goals at Christmas, Krejci would be continuing his swirl down the toilet and Khudobin would remind us all of Jon Casey, I wouldn't guess the team would be on pace for 89 points. And if people want to overlook all that to criticize ice time, D pairings or whatever, that's their right. But I don't really get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad