Management Claude Julien - Mod Warning post 643

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Is it possible, that JJ and Co. are firing management and there is nobody around to actually fire him?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Love the Sens fans coming in and smelling blood in the water. Similar to Oiler fans who were giddy about getting Chia to run their show last year. How'd that work out for them? Second to last in the entire league and another lottery pick this year? Senator fans, be careful with what you ask for...

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
This is in response to GloryDaze's post about it only being 3 days since the end of the season:

Generally with a decision like this though theres not a ton of deliberation. It's relatively clear cut and it makes me nervous that there has been no word at all. Not even like a "Don Sweeney will hold a press conference on Thursday" or whatever. Nothing. Just dead air while they know that out in the media etc its widely thought that the coach is a sitting duck and at the very least is on the hot seat. Knowing that and just kind of sitting idly by and not making some sort of statement/decision is irritating me a bit. If I'm being impatient in your eyes I understand that I just think this is something that should have been decided one way or the other by now and I think it makes the organization look disorganized and confused as to what to do.... whether or not that's actually accurate or not.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Is it possible, that JJ and Co. are firing management and there is nobody around to actually fire him?

That would be great. Julien will be better off with any management, at least he'll get some well deserved respect.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Love the Sens fans coming in and smelling blood in the water. Similar to Oiler fans who were giddy about getting Chia to run their show last year. How'd that work out for them? Second to last in the entire league and another lottery pick this year? Senator fans, be careful with what you ask for...

we can't see it getting any worse than playing your worse defence man 1-4th line for 6-8 games. Which happened this year for Ottawa.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa

We just suffered through two years of Dave "Borowiecki on the First Line" Cameron. At this point I'd settle for anyone with actual NHL experience.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Seriously, all this Ottawa fan presence should tell Bruins fans that it would be a bad idea to let him go.

But, I get the change of scenario thing too.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Lonnie this is your post from last thread

"So the logic you're using is that if they dare replace Julien, they're going to suck more and miss the playoff earlier than if they'd have kept Claude? Nothing personal, but what's the difference? If you miss the playoffs on the last day of the season or if you're out of it by American Thanksgiving, you still didn't make the playoffs, no?"

Do you really not see the point I was getting at or are you doing it on purpose which is what I believe.

I was pointing out that with this group of players who the coach was wouldn't matter they were going no where. My main point being that its a player issue not a coaching issue as to why we didn't make the playoffs.

And if you can't see the difference where you give two coaches the same group of players one coach can make a team a contender to make the playoffs and the other would have you out of it by thanksgiving then I don't know what to tell you.

Really your evaluating a coach vs. another coach and the fact one can get more out of a team than another means nothing because neither makes the playoffs? really.

so a coach goes 42-31-9 and misses the playoffs by 1 point and the other coach would go 29-42-11 and is at the bottom of the league. They are the same to you? I don't even know what to say to that so I will be on my way now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We just suffered through two years of Dave "Borowiecki on the First Line" Cameron. At this point I'd settle for anyone with actual NHL experience.

Well Julien loved Kevan Miller on the 1st pair here so chances are he'd be a big fan of Borowiecki.

Slow, physical, no puck skills, he'd be a Claude binkie for sure.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is in response to GloryDaze's post about it only being 3 days since the end of the season:

Generally with a decision like this though theres not a ton of deliberation. It's relatively clear cut and it makes me nervous that there has been no word at all. Not even like a "Don Sweeney will hold a press conference on Thursday" or whatever. Nothing. Just dead air while they know that out in the media etc its widely thought that the coach is a sitting duck and at the very least is on the hot seat. Knowing that and just kind of sitting idly by and not making some sort of statement/decision is irritating me a bit. If I'm being impatient in your eyes I understand that I just think this is something that should have been decided one way or the other by now and I think it makes the organization look disorganized and confused as to what to do.... whether or not that's actually accurate or not.

Maybe they haven't decided what to do with Clode yet, and want to sit down and make an informed decision (God Forbid). I know I go back and forth on whether or not they should keep him, and I would not be surprised if the B's FO is having the same dilemma.

Don't see how that's a bad thing?

Or maybe they have decided and are trying to get compensation from OTT as some have suggested? Who knows? I don't think a couple of days is the end of the world.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Maybe they haven't decided what to do with Clode yet, and want to sit down and make an informed decision (God Forbid). I know I go back and forth on whether or not they should keep him, and I would not be surprised if the B's FO is having the same dilemma.

Don't see how that's a bad thing?

Or maybe they have decided and are trying to get compensation from OTT as some have suggested? Who knows? I don't think a couple of days is the end of the world.

Again, I'm just saying how I perceive whats going on. Doesn't mean its accurate whatsoever and I understand the counter argument. It's okay for people to have different viewpoints/opinions on things. I really just want to know what the plan is or at least for the team to send out an update of when there will be an end of season presser from management.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Seriously, all this Ottawa fan presence should tell Bruins fans that it would be a bad idea to let him go.

Shhhh... They won't see us if we don't move.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Well Julien loved Kevan Miller on the 1st pair here so chances are he'd be a big fan of Borowiecki.

At least he kept Miller on defense. He wasn't up there playing with the cream of your forward crop.

Believe me, my biggest fear is that you guys won't fire Julien, because I can totally see reasons why you wouldn't.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Julien did chicken soup out of chicken ****.
Everyone except for a few Bruins fans think he his at least a top 5 coach in the NHL.
Julien would do great back home where he has the respect of the hockey fans.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
At least he kept Miller on defense. He wasn't up there playing with the cream of your forward crop.

Believe me, my biggest fear is that you guys won't fire Julien, because I can totally see reasons why you wouldn't.

And I mean Boro was on the 1st pairing D for a while too so Karlsson already has the familiarity :sarcasm:

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Man, I am so torn on this issue. I keep typing and deleting everything my brain puts out.

On one hand, I want Claude to stay. The guy is a top coach and I think he did his best with what he had to work with. It seemed like the advice from the top was that he needed to make the playoffs to save his job. I think with the veteran pieces we have in their primes and some major additions on defense, this team can be a threat.

On the other hand, the team is clearly at a crossroads. They have a TON of young talent in the system, and it might be time for a coach who is better at developing young talent rather than someone who is great at working with the vets. Is it time to go down the road of really, 'playing the kids'?

I don't know. There have been so many bad moves the past few years, it's been like slowly watching a train crash.

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT

Did you really expect Chia to right that ship in 1 year?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Man, I am so torn on this issue. I keep typing and deleting everything my brain puts out.

On one hand, I want Claude to stay. The guy is a top coach and I think he did his best with what he had to work with. It seemed like the advice from the top was that he needed to make the playoffs to save his job. I think with the veteran pieces we have in their primes and some major additions on defense, this team can be a threat.

On the other hand, the team is clearly at a crossroads. They have a TON of young talent in the system, and it might be time for a coach who is better at developing young talent rather than someone who is great at working with the vets. Is it time to go down the road of really, 'playing the kids'?

I don't know. There have been so many bad moves the past few years, it's been like slowly watching a train crash.

You should of spend more time thinking about the bolded.
That is so wrong it's not even funny.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I like Claude, but he is the guy that used Gregory ****ing Campbell as the extra attacker twice in a season. That still blows my mind.

and we used Chris Neil. Are you guys sure we didn't have the same coach? Come to think of it, I've never seen Dave Cameron and Claude in the same photo together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad