Value of: Claude Giroux to Calgary

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He doesn't play C anymore.

He can still play, but he doesn't.

He'd still be the #1C on the Flames though.

I would do Giroux for Bennett and Brodie.

Gaudreau-Giroux-Lindholm would be great top line and it moves Monahan down to the #2 spot.

Or play Giroux with Thachuk and watch Matthew pot 40 goals.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The question is - when does Philly commit to the rebuild? Way too early to panic now, but their moves the last few years (along with Patrick’s lack of success) have made it that much more difficult to go that route.

This line of thinking is baffling.

The Flyers have:

Carter Hart - 21
Ghostibiere - 25
Couturier - 25
Patrick - 19
Konecny - 21
Provorov - 22

On top of that they have a great set of vets, many of who are still in their prime: Giroux, Voracek, JVR, etc..

The Flyers don't need to rebuild. They just need to play better. In 2017/18, they went 42-26-14...it can be done.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and YP44

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I said in a previous post it’s way to early to hit the panic button, but if it’s January and this team, which was billed and built as a team that’s ready to compete, is in the bottom third of the league, where do you go?

I think they play it out. St. Louis was in last in the beginning of January and they won the Cup. A rebuild seems more likely in the offseason than during the season for the Flyers.

Reactions: 1989

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Gaudreau-Giroux-Lindholm would be great top line and it moves Monahan down to the #2 spot.

Brodie and Bennett is very laughable. Bennett has very low value (and I’m a big Bennett fan). Brodie’s been shit this year, granted the team’s been mediocre so far as well.

Why panic? We’re above .500 while playing very mediocre

Reactions: Steeler23

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

lmao you gotta be shittin me. Top 5 scorer this decade for some bench warmers?

It would take a player you don't want to trade. Tkachuk+ or Johnny.

Reactions: bh53

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Not to be rude, but if Hayes is in the deal, the Flames are going to have to add Lucic.

Hayes is a useful player that contributes to the hockey game on the ice. Lucic is the worst contract in the league. Perhaps Flames fans should concern themselves with the fact that they employ a GM who thinks trading for Lucic is a good idea rather than worry about acquiring Hayes/Giroux.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Not to be rude, but if Hayes is in the deal, the Flames are going to have to add Lucic.

giphy.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

One player is overpaid. The other is overpaid and completely useless. I hated the Hayes deal probably more than anyone on the Flyers board, but he and his contract are infinitely better than Lucics.

Every Giroux to X location ends up going down this path, sadly.

Even worse, while I'm not a fancy statter, the Flyers have been among the best, but unluckiest teams in the leagues so far. Small sample size, obviously, but put record isn't terribly indicative of how good we have been.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Brodie and Bennett is very laughable. Bennett has very low value (and I’m a big Bennett fan). Brodie’s been **** this year, granted the team’s been mediocre so far as well.

Why panic? We’re above .500 while playing very mediocre

Not panicking at all. Monahan and Gaudreau have showed every year that they don't have what it takes to lead this team in the playoffs and the Flames window to win is right now, especially since Thachuk is only signed for 3 years and I bet he leaves then. Gaudreau and Monahan are pure regular season players, let them take the backseat when it comes to the post season.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
One player is overpaid. The other is overpaid and completely useless. I hated the Hayes deal probably more than anyone on the Flyers board, but he and his contract are infinitely better than Lucics.

Every Giroux to X location ends up going down this path, sadly.

Even worse, while I'm not a fancy statter, the Flyers have been among the best, but unluckiest teams in the leagues so far. Small sample size, obviously, but put record isn't terribly indicative of how good we have been.

Oh, Hayes contract>>>>Lucic contract for sure.

Just a semi-serious joke, but kinda true. Flames can't add the Hayes bad contract unless Lucic's contract is gone. Obviously Flyers don't want that.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The question is - when does Philly commit to the rebuild? Way too early to panic now, but their moves the last few years (along with Patrick’s lack of success) have made it that much more difficult to go that route.

If the flyers do trade Giroux though, it signals a whole tear down where they will have to trade Voracek and possibly Couts too. I just don’t see that happening this year.

If the Flyers did go that route, I could see the Avs interested in Giroux and give up at least a 1st + Jost for him. Not sure if that’s enough, but the return may be limited regardless due to Giroux’s nmc.

The Flyers have rebuilt. We’re good. It’s just a crazy over reaction time right now.

Ledge And Dairy

Philly fans I'm sorry, someone let our village fool on the internet again.

Not panicking at all. Monahan and Gaudreau have showed every year that they don't have what it takes to lead this team in the playoffs and the Flames window to win is right now, especially since Thachuk is only signed for 3 years and I bet he leaves then. Gaudreau and Monahan are pure regular season players, let them take the backseat when it comes to the post season.
Lol what? 3 years ago people said the exact same thing about Ovechkin and Backstrom. You are in all ways hitting the panic button on game 10 please stop

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Oh, Hayes contract>>>>Lucic contract for sure.

Just a semi-serious joke, but kinda true. Flames can't add the Hayes bad contract unless Lucic's contract is gone. Obviously Flyers don't want that.

That's just not true -- you can trade someone other than Lucic to clear that cap space. That's just the only guy you want to trade.

How about you trade Lucic to some other sucker, clear the space, and then come back to the Flyers with a real deal. That's how it has any hope of getting done.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
That's just not true -- you can trade someone other than Lucic to clear that cap space. That's just the only guy you want to trade.

How about you trade Lucic to some other sucker, clear the space, and then come back to the Flyers with a real deal. That's how it has any hope of getting done.

Boy, you Flyers fans are really touchy. A Flyer fan made a joke about a bad Flames offer by turning Giroux into Hayes, and I made another joke by adding Lucic.

The Flyers don't want Lucic and the Flames understand nobody wants him.

BUT the Flames don't want Hayes either with the deal he has.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
lmao you gotta be ****tin me. Top 5 scorer this decade for some bench warmers?

It would take a player you don't want to trade. Tkachuk+ or Johnny.

Giroux is in a really awkward place for trade value right now. He's young enough that lesser trades are likely to be laughed off. However, he's also old enough that the Flames would be nuts to give up stars in their early 20s like Tkachuk or Gaudreau.

Giroux is also a top player when he's on point, but seems to take time off....entire seasons off.

I'd love him on my team, but not giving up the world. Obviously, I can see why trades like Bennett/Brodie are totally unacceptable.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Giroux is also a top player when he's on point, but seems to take time off....entire seasons off.

I'd love him on my team, but not giving up the world. Obviously, I can see why trades like Bennett/Brodie are totally unacceptable.
You do know those 2 seasons were when he played thru an injured hip....then the following year recovering from that off season hip surgery which they say takes about a year to fully recover from.

And then as we all know, when everyone was writing him off, he finishes 2nd in league scoring.

Flyers will be keeping their captain and this thread should just be shut down.

Reactions: Moondog47

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Boy, you Flyers fans are really touchy. A Flyer fan made a joke about a bad Flames offer by turning Giroux into Hayes, and I made another joke by adding Lucic.

The Flyers don't want Lucic and the Flames understand nobody wants him.

BUT the Flames don't want Hayes either with the deal he has.

The thing is, the Flyers fan wasn't joking. When he said Bennett and Brodie weren't worth Hayes to us, he was being serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad