Value of: Claude Giroux to Calgary

Ledge And Dairy

This is incredibly unrealistic, also a complete overreaction. Monahan is hardly the problem, he currently has a 7.4 s% which is way below average, that will certainly fix itself, he has a 60% FO% playing against the best centers in the league. Let the numbers even out first before you freak out again.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Whatever you don’t want to give up +.

Giroux isn’t the problem in Philadelphia. Getting rid of him for someone who can’t replicate what he brings to the table is an immediate loss.

There aren’t many players in the league as overlooked as G is.

Reactions: Sasso09 and Lo97

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Giroux for Johnny

This is exactly why the deal doesn't happen. Calgary isn't doing that, but what else entices the Flyers?

It'd probably take Gaudreau, Tkachuk or Monahan for Philly to accept and Calgary does none of those three due to age and contracts

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The question is - when does Philly commit to the rebuild? Way too early to panic now, but their moves the last few years (along with Patrick’s lack of success) have made it that much more difficult to go that route.

If the flyers do trade Giroux though, it signals a whole tear down where they will have to trade Voracek and possibly Couts too. I just don’t see that happening this year.

If the Flyers did go that route, I could see the Avs interested in Giroux and give up at least a 1st + Jost for him. Not sure if that’s enough, but the return may be limited regardless due to Giroux’s nmc.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The question is - when does Philly commit to the rebuild? Way too early to panic now, but their moves the last few years (along with Patrick’s lack of success) have made it that much more difficult to go that route.

If the flyers do trade Giroux though, it signals a whole tear down where they will have to trade Voracek and possibly Couts too. I just don’t see that happening this year.

If the Flyers did go that route, I could see the Avs interested in Giroux and give up at least a 1st + Jost for him. Not sure if that’s enough, but the return may be limited regardless due to Giroux’s nmc.

Why would we rebuild?

Based on talent, we really have all our pieces in place to compete for multiple years. Just a matter of them all coming together (plus Patrick being healthy).

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Giroux makes no sense for Calgary for so many reasons, salary, acquisition cost, age.

Plus the whole matter of Philly potentially not even wanting to move him.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Why would we rebuild?

Based on talent, we really have all our pieces in place to compete for multiple years. Just a matter of them all coming together (plus Patrick being healthy).
It’s all about timing and putting together a team that has a legit chance at a cup. I’m not so sure the flyers will have a window for that in the next few years. The forward core is starting to age and not getting any younger. Some good young pieces, but if the flyers look like they’re missing the playoffs this year, the smart move is to give it serious consideration.

To me, this all turns on Patrick. If he can put it together and be the No. 2 you thought he was, then that window will open.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
It’s all about timing and putting together a team that has a legit chance at a cup. I’m not so sure the flyers will have a window for that in the next few years. The forward core is starting to age and not getting any younger. Some good young pieces, but if the flyers look like they’re missing the playoffs this year, the smart move is to give it serious consideration.

To me, this all turns on Patrick. If he can put it together and be the No. 2 you thought he was, then that window will open.

Going into a rebuild after 6 games (where they've outplayed the other team in 5 of them) would be a huge mistake. After signing Hayes and trading for Braun and Niskanen, the Flyers aren't going into a rebuild this season.

leafsloverblahblah

Oct 19, 2019
Giroux for Johnny
actully each team gets a playmaker winger with good numbers.
but it's a loss for calgary. and it's a huge trade if this is close to happening. id think WOW but then again it's a playmaker trade thats like matthews for oveckhin there is no up because both score goals off one timers but a diffrent side and if this deal (giroux for johnny) happens both teams get the exact same player like kessel for seguin both can shoot but also can pass really good but they mainly rely on there shot. so it probably will never happen because its like trading a two rocks that are the same.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Going into a rebuild after 6 games (where they've outplayed the other team in 5 of them) would be a huge mistake. After signing Hayes and trading for Braun and Niskanen, the Flyers aren't going into a rebuild this season.
I said in a previous post it’s way to early to hit the panic button, but if it’s January and this team, which was billed and built as a team that’s ready to compete, is in the bottom third of the league, where do you go?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad