Injury Report: Claude Giroux: right hand surgery, could return as early as Sept. 24 (post #173)

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Guys I work for Comcast as an on call tv technician. My boss has a daughter who's boyfriend rear ended on of Ed sniders daughters about 3 years back. According to him giroux may need amputation of said finger if infection spreads but he will still be able to play possibly next year as one can learn to hold a stick without an index finger. Just cross your fingers

So because a guy got in a fender bender with Ed Snider's daughter, he now has inside info on the team? Riiiight. I smell a troll

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Not sure how serious his injury was but I tore my extensor tendon on my left ring finger playing football a couple of years ago. This is a very common injury. Mine happened when I jammed my finger. Skin wasn't broken. I didn't have surgery. They splinted my finger for a little while (don't remember how long) and it is 100% now. Full range of motion, would never know it was injured. I originally thought I dislocated my finger. After trying to pop it back in with no success I knew it was something different. My index finger was just kind of hanging down and I had no control over it.

I wouldn't be too worried. This is a common injury and isn't that big of a deal.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Guys I work for Comcast as an on call tv technician. My boss has a daughter who's boyfriend rear ended on of Ed sniders daughters about 3 years back. According to him giroux may need amputation of said finger if infection spreads but he will still be able to play possibly next year as one can learn to hold a stick without an index finger. Just cross your fingers

I can't believe how many people took this post seriously.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of people do that before. At times it can seem like everyone living within 50 miles of Philly claims some sort of weird 6 degrees of separation thing that links them directly to the organization and they believe should be considered a legit source.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of people do that before. At times it can seem like everyone living within 50 miles of Philly claims some sort of weird 6 degrees of separation thing that links them directly to the organization and they believe should be considered a legit source.

The third sentance is about amputation and being able to play without an index finger :laugh:

peacepipe

Mar 7, 2006
Philadelphia,PA

I'm sorry haha that's exactly why I said that, i should have realized it hard to tell through text i just get annoyed when people bring up news with these crazy sources

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Here is a detailed description of the events...

http://articles.philly.com/2013-08-...gren-finger-surgery-flyers-open-training-camp

CLAUDE GIROUX was on the golf course yesterday in Ottawa with teammate Jason Akeson, taking a break from offseason training, when one swing changed his entire summer.

"It was just a freak thing," Giroux told the Daily News. "I was taking a swing and my club hit a little behind the ball. The shaft of the club shattered, but my hand kept going on the swing and the shattered part went right into my finger."

He said blood was everywhere. Akeson shuttled Giroux immediately to Ottawa Civic Hospital, where the Flyers captain had surgery on his right index finger. Giroux did not fracture anything, but required surgery because he damaged his extensor tendons. Giroux said he received "excellent care" from the same doctor who cares for the Senators.

General manager Paul Holmgren said Giroux will be fully recovered in 5 to 6 weeks, but Giroux doesn't think it will be that long. The Flyers open training camp on Sept. 12 at Wells Fargo Center, and their first preseason game is Sept. 15 in London, Ontario, against the Maple Leafs.

"I think I'll really be able to get back to doing things in 2 to 3 weeks," Giroux said. "I will be able to skate, and get in skating shape, but I won't be able to be lifting any weights for a while."

A full 6 weeks would peg Giroux' return around Sept. 26, meaning he could be in the lineup for their final preseason tuneup in Washington on Sept. 27.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Seems Legit, don't tell me it's photoshopped
txj4.jpg

SgtJoseph*

Hate hearing about Roo's injury, especially to those money hands of his ! These modern golf clubs explode just like modern hockey sticks do ? .

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I cut the extensor tendons on my index finger almost completely, had microsurgery to fix them and was playing lacrosse with some stiffness and pain at about 4 weeks. At 6 weeks it was fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad