Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree that a lot of the vocal "moronity" would be much quieter if Ghost had 10 more points on the PP (for reference, he has 13 PPP, last year he had 33).

Since the PP was crap to start and then thrown in a blender, and because people always need a scapegoat, they picked the player hit hardest by the PP.
Exactly right.

And the usage he's gotten has done nothing to help the undeserved rep he got this year. It makes it seem more valid, when in reality it's still nonsense but the coach just doesn't know what he's doing. There's been a whole lot of confirmation bias and a whole lot of flat out ignorance surrounding his critiques this year. It's kinda sad how eager people are to turn on star players.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The PP meddling sabotaged him, along with constantly being jerked around the lineup in different positions and with different linemates.

He should've had roughly 100 points this year.

Reactions: Jtown

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux did decline, we saw him at center last year and it wasn't pretty.
Fortunately, the move to LW with Couts revived his career.
He's barely a 2C but still an elite LW.

Shows you how important "fit" is for many players.

Philly M

Aug 27, 2019
Philly
It's definitely awesome seeing G have a resurgence on the wing. I remember after that 93 point season I thought that was only the beginning.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

That Tampa Bay goal
giphy.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
HAKSTOL HAD NO CHOICE

ITS NOT HIS FAULT

HE HAD NO OTHER OPTIONS

CvBpW5G.png

Those stats are the exact type of reason why I always laugh at the "no other option" come back, and someone even tried to use it as a revisionist history argument a few days back again :laugh: In 2019 :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Those stats are the exact reason why I always laugh at the "no other option" come back, and someone even tried to use it as a revisionist history argument a few days back again :laugh: In 2019 :laugh:

The most confusing part of the lying is that they must know nobody believes it, right? So I'm not sure what the point of it is... like what do they expect to happen?

Anyone who watched the games knows its not true and the stats further prove it to be incorrect.

Then they try to say "oh, well it was Hextalls fault for forcing Hakstol to do it!"... except Hakstol did the exact same things once Hextall was gone, plus got even worse. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad