Confirmed with Link: Claude Giroux named Captain of the Flyers

• Thread starter SchennSational1022*
  • Start date

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
and Giroux doesnt?

Not as many as they had. Giroux has Talbot,Timo,Danny B, Hatsy,???. That's a solid group of guys but the flyers are a relatively young team. Toews had Keith, Ladd, Hossa, Sopel, Seabrook, Big Buff, Sharp.
I'm on your side remember that lol. I'm a huge flyers fan. I'm just simply saying I believe Timonen or Briere should of gotten the C. That's it's man lol.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Not as many as they had. Giroux has Talbot,Timo,Danny B, Hatsy,???. That's a solid group of guys but the flyers are a relatively young team. Toews had Keith, Ladd, Hossa, Sopel, Seabrook, Big Buff, Sharp.
I'm on your side remember that lol. I'm a huge flyers fan. I'm just simply saying I believe Timonen or Briere should of gotten the C. That's it's man lol.

Clarke and pronger are still with the organization. That's off the top of my head. Some of those guys of Chicago were young too. So we can include Coburn or even meszaros as well. Fedotentko for sure. Why delay the inevitable. He's gonna be here for a while and end up captain anyways. Think it was the best move giving him the C and basically appointing timonen his "wingman". The flyers are a good organization. They've got a great history of proven leaders. Ill go with them on this. Briere Hartnell an timonen are still leaders with him. It's gonna be fine. I don't think this is destined to fail or anything

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
I never said its destined to fail. Not even once. It's just an opinion that's all. And what's your point with Clarke in the organization? Most teams have a hall of famer in the organization. I agree that Giroux should be the captain, someday though. He's clearly our best player and a leader on and off the ice. I just personally prefer veterans to wear the C. I don't agree with Toews or Crosby or Landeskog being named captain of a team.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
I never said its destined to fail. Not even once. It's just an opinion that's all. And what's your point with Clarke in the organization? Most teams have a hall of famer in the organization. I agree that Giroux should be the captain, someday though. He's clearly our best player and a leader on and off the ice. I just personally prefer veterans to wear the C. I don't agree with Toews or Crosby or Landeskog being named captain of a team.

guy has been around 4-5 years. Im just sayin if he has questions on what to do as captain hes got clarke to ask. That is if he still knows who he is ;)

jury is out on landeskog, but the results from toews and crosby speak for themselves.

i agree about veteren leadership. i do. i wanted timonen or briere captain before richards was named, but richards proved me wrong. Giroux with Hartnell Timonen and Briere will be a great leadership team, reguardless of who has the "C" on the sweater.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
guy has been around 4-5 years. Im just sayin if he has questions on what to do as captain hes got clarke to ask. That is if he still knows who he is ;)

jury is out on landeskog, but the results from toews and crosby speak for themselves.

i agree about veteren leadership. i do. i wanted timonen or briere captain before richards was named, but richards proved me wrong. Giroux with Hartnell Timonen and Briere will be a great leadership team, reguardless of who has the "C" on the sweater.

Agreed. All the arguing we're doing is really pointless lol. Giroux wears the C yea but there are a few guys that can lead by example as well as speak up.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
I just enjoyed debating real hockey again. Even with my own kind. Lol

Lmao I hear you man. It's great to be back. Gonna be one helluva game. I would of liked the flyers to dress 7 d men and 11 forwards though.
Coburn Grossmann
Timonen Schenn
Mesz Gervais
Foster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad