Confirmed with Link: Claude Giroux named Captain of the Flyers

• Thread starter SchennSational1022*
  • Start date

SchennSational1022*

Accordin to randy miler, apparently Giroux Is gonna be named captain before the season opener.

"Giroux, by the way, is expected to replace injured defenseman Chris Pronger as captain before the season opener, and he says he's healthy after injuring his neck playing in Germany. He was injured on Nov. 16, headed back to North America within a few days for treatment and recently has been skating pain free in Toronto."

You would think that this would be a bigger story, right? Randy miller wrote this in his latest column.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar...Flyers-could-begin-training-camp-by-Wednesday

Mod edit:

Giroux officially named Captain

The Philadelphia Flyers today named Claude Giroux the 19th captain in the franchise’s history, according to general manager Paul Holmgren. In addition, Holmgren announced that Kimmo Timonen will serve as associate captain, while Scott Hartnell and Danny Briere will serve as alternate captains.

"Claude is the undisputed leader of this team,†Holmgren said in making the announcement. “He always exhibits a tremendous work ethic in games and practices. He is a great professional both on and off the ice. Claude has learned a lot over the past few years playing with Mike Richards, Danny Briere, Kimmo Timonen and Chris Pronger, just to name a few. Having played with these athletes has been a huge benefit for Claude."

Last edited by a moderator:

Clown Baby*

Sure, why not? It's worked out so well for everyone before him...

(Pronger, Richards, Smith, Forsberg, Hatcher, Primeau)

What's another body to the pile?

ninetynine*

He should be captain, there's no such thing as a curse.

That said it leaves an A up for grabs which could be a more surprising outcome.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I'll believe it when it happens, the writer may just be getting ahead of himself and just going by what he assumes will happen. But I think Giroux will make an excellent captain

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Forget these "curse" superstitions and let him be the captain. He's the face of the team and I'd like this team to have a longterm captain/leader, which Giroux will be. Giroux could be our franchise player for the next 15 years.

RJ8812*

Forget these "curse" superstitions and let him be the captain. He's the face of the team and I'd like this team to have a longterm captain/leader, which Giroux will be. Giroux could be our franchise player for the next 15 years.

Switch Giroux with Richards, and that's what people were saying right before Richards was named caption

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad