Claude Giroux arrested, released without charges; NHL unlikely to get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Well, I know the actual story as to what happened (my friend's friend is his cousin who was golfing with him at the time) and lets just say it wasn't quite that accidental....

Well, I always imagined there was some anger involved. Hard to picture a club snapping for no particular reason unless it were already fractured in some way. Timmy makes it sound like he started a knife fight.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Well, I know the actual story as to what happened (my friend's friend is his cousin who was golfing with him at the time) and lets just say it wasn't quite that accidental....

93091-Happy-Gilmore-angry-hitting-gr-kGfp.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Statements from Giroux and Hextall on the Flyers site:

I regret my actions on Canada Day and sincerely apologize to my fans, teammates and the Philadelphia Flyers organization for my misguided attempt at humor.

Following an investigation, law enforcement determined that charges are not warranted. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement and apologize to the Ottawa Police Department and specifically the individual officer. I will be making no further public comment on this matter.

“We’ve been in contact with Claude and the Ottawa Police Service and have been informed that no charges will be filed. Moving forward, we will deal with this incident internally and we will no longer publicly discuss this matter."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Timmy has already decided Giroux's injuries are caused by offseason drinking. Be ready for him to go full Timmeh of he tweaks a muscle during the season. I'd be shocked if he doesn't try to link it to this.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Of course, I'd much rather read about Brayden Schenn finding a new job than read the **** that he (and every other member of the Philly media) writes about.

The difference is that I'm doing a play on him moving to wing and I'm being over the top on purpose because it amuses me during the off season.

Timmy would be dead serious.

Edit: Can you imagine what happens if Schenn gets caught doing something boozey, then struggles in his transition to wing/continues to struggle at center? The idiot horde would sharpen their idiotic pitchforks and light their idiotic torches.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
The difference is that I'm doing a play on him moving to wing and I'm being over the top on purpose because it amuses me during the off season.

Timmy would be dead serious.

Edit: Can you imagine what happens if Schenn gets caught doing something boozey, then struggles in his transition to wing/continues to struggle at center? The idiot horde would sharpen their idiotic pitchforks and light their idiotic torches.

i love the description... i can picture timmy leading the idiotic horde through town to wells fargo dressed in his best lederhosen.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
He needs to find something to write about because he doesn't actually know anything about the sport and is incapable of analyzing what happens on the ice. It's quite simple. He's not a hockey analyst, he's a gossip "gotcha" journalist.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He needs to find something to write about because he doesn't actually know anything about the sport and is incapable of analyzing what happens on the ice. It's quite simple. He's not a hockey analyst, he's a gossip "gotcha" journalist.

I wouldn't even say that, to be any kind of journalist you should at least be decent at writing, which he isn't.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
What I don't get about Timmy, aside from having a job reporting despite his horrible reporting, is that the guy gets borderline insulting or fantastical when he talks about the Flyers or team members (at times) and he doesn't even seem likable or have a playing career, but he's treated well by the organization to the point where he was on intermission reports and post-game shows at the end of the season. I don't get it.

Also, if he's still on intermission and post-game next season I'm not watching post-game and intermission. I already muted it every time he was on last season.

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That place really is the armpit of the fan base...so many stupid people and comments are posted

Facebook is the armpit of society in general.

People bash HF a lot, but you're not going to find a more knowledgeable massing of hockey fans anywhere else online. Probably even in real life either, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad