Claude Giroux arrested, released without charges; NHL unlikely to get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Probably not, luckily for Giroux it was in Canada & not here in Philly otherwise he would have gotten his *** beat on top of spending a night in jail regardless if he was white, black, green, blue, etc.

ya philly cop says ''sorry claude, im a huge fan and all but its department procedure''...BAM!! POW!! CRACK!! SOCK!!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ya philly cop says ''sorry claude, im a huge fan and all but its department procedure''...BAM!! POW!! CRACK!! SOCK!!

Believe it or not there's a good amount of people in this city who couldn't really tell you much about Giroux & definitely wouldn't recognize him in a public setting.

There's a lot of hockey/Flyers fans fans here but that's basically because of sheer population here & the surrounding areas. There's still more people that couldn't care less about hockey or could barely tell you much about it here.

There's a good amount of renegade cops in this city & in some of the more recent events there really hasn't been a pattern of cops & the detainees being the same races. It's been pretty diversitized on both ends so being white really wouldn't help much from catching a beating here from cops. They have been pretty equal-opportunistic in handing them out to their credit. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Believe it or not there's a good amount of people in this city who couldn't really tell you much about Giroux & definitely wouldn't recognize him in a public setting.

There's a lot of hockey/Flyers fans fans here but that's basically because of sheer population here & the surrounding areas. There's still more people that couldn't care less about hockey or could barely tell you much about it here.

There's a good amount of renegade cops in this city & in some of the recent more events there really hasn't been a pattern of cops & the detainees being the same races. It's been pretty diversitized on both ends so being white really wouldn't help much from catching a beating here from cops. They have been pretty equal-opportunistic in handing them out to their credit. :laugh:

You get stopped in the wrong part of Camden at night and your white you may get your ass kicked by the cops then tell you never to come back which is a good idea. This was 20+ years ago but it went down. You do dumb things when you are super hammered.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Not sure if this was posted but prepare your brains for some classic Timmeh...

BrrFbwnCIAANieI.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So Timmy is starting to push a conspiracy theory about the wrist injury.

There aren't words in the tongues of elves or men to describe this treachery.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You get stopped in the wrong part of Camden at night and your white you may get your ass kicked by the cops then tell you never to come back which is a good idea. This was 20+ years ago but it went down. You do dumb things when you are super hammered.

I have a funny story about camden. I went there once. That was more than enough for me.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
It's amazing how Timmy and other Flyers beat writers still have a job.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
More brilliant work by Pinocchio. "Giroux had gone to Ottawa, he's from nearby Hearst".

This is just like his coverage of Flyer games that he obviously didn't watch and just read about the highlights the next morning...It's almost 1000 kilometres to Hearst! It's a 12 hour drive. If you're going to write for a living could you take 10 seconds to verify facts?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
More brilliant work by Pinocchio. "Giroux had gone to Ottawa, he's from nearby Hearst".

This is just like his coverage of Flyer games that he obviously didn't watch and just read about the highlights the next morning...It's almost 1000 kilometres to Hearst! It's a 12 hour drive. If you're going to write for a living could you take 10 seconds to verify facts?

Also the fact that Giroux moved from Hearst to Ottawa burbs age 13-14... so Ottawa is effectively his hometown anyway!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Apparently what happens in Ottawa gets vomited out by Panaccio.

I actually agree with a part of his article – it was a pretty dumb thing to do for a team captain – but the many, many errors and especially the conspiracy on what "really" happened to Giroux's wrists blow the credibility of this story to smithereens.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
He doesn't even realize it's canada day... "There was nothing to celebrate on July 1st, the start of free agency, the flyers didn't win the cup" he's such an idiot

SenatorArmy*

I only see one solution to this problem, trade Giroux to the SEnators

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
^

Sure there was! It was Canada day! What a dumb thing to say

You don't understand. As a player employed by the Philadelphia Flyers, Giroux is not entitled to have a life outside of hockey. All of his free time should be spent working out, practicing, studying film, or charity work directly related to the Flyers. Nothing else. If it doesn't involve the Flyers, he's not allowed to celebrate! :sarcasm:

Edit: I also don't get the wrist thing he's hinting at. In what world does accidentally slicing a tendon hint at the possibility of unsavory behavior?

RJ8812*

You don't understand. As a player employed by the Philadelphia Flyers, Giroux is not entitled to have a life outside of hockey. All of his free time should be spent working out, practicing, studying film, or charity work directly related to the Flyers. Nothing else. If it doesn't involve the Flyers, he's not allowed to celebrate! :sarcasm:

Edit: I also don't get the wrist thing he's hinting at. In what world does accidentally slicing a tendon hint at the possibility of unsavory behavior?

Well, I know the actual story as to what happened (my friend's friend is his cousin who was golfing with him at the time) and lets just say it wasn't quite that accidental....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad