Confirmed with Link: Claude Canned, All Clode Discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
On parade day though? Classless move by front offic, bush league

We are officially back to the dark ages with this franchise. Whether you agree with the firing of Julien or not (and I'm still on the fence), bush league is an understatement.

Sweeney and Neely taking a page directly out of the cowardly, classless play-book of Mike O'Connell and Harry Sinden.

Heck it was probably Sinden's suggestion.

Just brutal.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I would think doing it on parade day is the OPPOSITE of burying the story....you have hundreds of thousands of New England sports fans collocated with nothing to do but talk and watch a parade....

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Cassidy is just interim, correct? I think there will be someone new in October.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They hide from the media all year, they let the coach be the only one to face the music, they let him twist in the wind...

And then they fire him on the day pf the Pats parade and hold their press conference during it.

Do they think people don't notice this ****? Do they think we are dumb? Do these seem like the actions of an organization that is accountable?

They make excuses for everything, ****ing everything. They are non-stop excuse makers. And how they handled this is exactly in line with how they operate.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
yea, not so sure about buried.. 4 people who i consider casual fans have already texted me asking why.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If I had to guess (and I don't pretend to understand Sweeney's thinking at this point) I imagine they simply want to be into the coach hunt ASAP, as there are going to be a few teams competing for head coaches in the coming months.

Doing this on the day of the Patriots victory parade is nearly as bad as what the Panthers did to Gallant. Not the Bruins' finest hour.

Julien will be the most sought after coach this offseason

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
We are officially back to the dark ages with this franchise. Whether you agree with the firing of Julien or not (and I'm still on the fence), bush league is an understatement.

Sweeney and Neely taking a page directly out of the cowardly, classless play-book of Mike O'Connell and Harry Sinden.

Heck it was probably Sinden's suggestion.

Just brutal.

Chiarelli messed up the salary cap.

Having said that, the fact that they put the hockey operations into the hands of an outsider was the right decision and was probably the best decision the organization has made in my lifetime.

Promoting Neely was first step in the Jacobs and their cronies seizing back control.
Chiarelli's firing was the huge shoe to drop.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What a joke.

Such an ego move by Cam to can Claude on the day of the Pats parade.

The wrong guy got fired.

Golden boy Neely needs to get fired..

Ugh so pissed.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I didn't want a company yes man (Sweeney) to run this team, and my fears were correct. During the pats parade? Maybe only Sweeney's mother will show up to ask questions

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Such a Bruins move. "Hey, let's hire the guy who coached the 2004 Capitals!"

And let's do it during a Super Bowl parade!

Personally, they should have fired Cam Neely or at least moved his desk down into Storage Basement B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad