Confirmed with Link: Claude Canned, All Clode Discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for the years Claude and let's hope this lights a fire under the team to get going..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You know my take on this.....huge mistake. Julien was born to coach your team. I understand the whole "time for a change" thing....but not in this case. Roster is the problem. Not the coaching.

Orr4More

Jan 29, 2017
Not a fan of firing Claude. He's always done a good job. Being the all time wins leader as coach for us. Definitely some players. It performing up to par but that will continue no matter who the HC is. Wonder whe he ends up coaching next.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
not winning more than one cup from 09-14 is pretty bad.
Then he misses the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Was definitely time for a change. He can probably thank Timmy or he would have 0 Cups

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You know my take on this.....huge mistake. Julien was born to coach your team. I understand the whole "time for a change" thing....but not in this case. Roster is the problem. Not the coaching.

Those thirsty for blood will soon have their answer.

I'm relieved in a way that it's finally over.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

he'll be going to you guys after your first round exit

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Should have been done at the end of last season. It's too late to help them make the playoffs this year, not enough games left.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
CJ deserved a presser by Sweeney to them him first wave foremost and then announce a plan. Not try to throw him out in the parade day trash and hope no one notices

Wonder how long Cassidy will be behind the bench. I'm still a fan of the Providence college coach as a dark horse

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Cassidy now being had coach of the Boston Bruins is one of the funniest things to ever happen to this board.

Do you remember when he was going to be fired from Providence because he was ruining the prospects? haha

Sweeney got hired, he will fire Cassidy for sure!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It's so obvious why they chose to do it today. It's cowardly, it's pathetic, and I don't want to ever again hear about how they value character in their players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cassidy now being had coach of the Boston Bruins is one of the funniest things to ever happen to this board.

I thought Sweeney's first move as GM was going to be showing Cassidy the door.

Next move is probably to trade away this year's 1st rounder for rental help.

Delusion, cowardly, and desperate. That's where we are now.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
For me I'm truly grateful for what he brought to this team.

Coaches are hired to be fired as the saying goes.

Doing it on Patriots parade day is the act of a no class cowardly organization . That's my take.

And for the grass is always greener folks ...... be careful of what you wished for.

'Cause to me this isn't the change that's needed. Or the biggest change anyway.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Should have been done at the end of last season. It's too late to help them make the playoffs this year, not enough games left.

Speculation on my end:

They probably felt that Clode gave them the best chance at limping into the playoffs with the current roster.

They may finally be admitting that they're not making it. Perhaps they are unsure on Cassidy and felt it was necessary to see what they have in him as they play out the string.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Yup.

Real brave of the men to fire Chia the moment the Hernandez ruling came out and Claude the morning of Parade day.

Lot's of character in the front office.

Bruins want character guys to make up for the lack of character in the front office.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I think it's the opposite.

They still think they have a chance.

If I had to guess (and I don't pretend to understand Sweeney's thinking at this point) I imagine they simply want to be into the coach hunt ASAP, as there are going to be a few teams competing for head coaches in the coming months.

Doing this on the day of the Patriots victory parade is nearly as bad as what the Panthers did to Gallant. Not the Bruins' finest hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad