GDT: Class of the league clash - Sens vs Oil

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
"He's going to get another opportunity here," said Boucher about recalling Batherson. "I've always liked his game so I'm sure he going to come in and help us."

With Batherson in, Christian Wolanin will be the odd man out tonight. It's unclear how the forward lines will look as the coach also shared that he's looking to see what kind of chemistry Brady Tkachuk and Chris Tierney can generate which indicates that there could be some slight shuffling to come. One thing that Boucher did relay was his first impressions on the new forwards in his line-up.

"All three have contributed," said Boucher about the recent additions of Anthony Duclair, Oscar Lindberg and Brian Gibbons. "If they're better than some of our guys then they're going to take their spot. Merit is the #1 teacher. It's not about where you're drafted, it's not your age...if you deserve it then you should get it. If you deserve it and you don't get it, then you're not teaching anybody anything."

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Oilers

Andy in net

Grummbles

Nov 11, 2016
Near Napanee Ontario
Haven't heard Boucher give a reason yet but I bet it would have something to do with McDavid and in all honesty I don't think Wolanin is ready to be here. He got exposed too much on Tuesday.
He stated in the pre-game interview that he wasnt going to sit the likes of the holy ghost Boro. And Harper has been the best D man so he wont take his spot. And lord, dont even think about replacing Chabot or Demelo. And Jaros? Well hes an NHLer now. 11-7 is a thing of the past im sure.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Excuse me, please....

andrew-ference-of-the-edmonton-oilers-checks-bobby-ryan-of-the-ottawa-picture-id458946310

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wolanin scratched. Why?

Rookie has a little bit of a rough game... Sit him out.. Wolanin is getting low end of the totem pole ala Paul . Its very debatable the Lajoie should have been kept over Wolanin .. or been told to get a place . How many games was Lajoie healthy scratched. If you are going to call these guys up from Belleville where they were leading the charge on the way to making the playoffs you play them ... simple as that... Sitting out to watch slower less capable players playing in front of you ... The Senators Way.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sitting out to watch slower less capable players playing in front of you ... The Senators Way.

You aren't going to play in this league if you struggle the way Wolanin did last game. I like his skill set but he needs to be better. He had issues with things you expect an NHL defender to have figured out.

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad