GDT: Class of the league clash - Sens vs Oil

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Watched this at a bar but I thought Jaros had his best game thus far. Looked really good at both ends.
It really looks like he's getting the hang of it. I had my doubts about him at times this year but lately I've liked his game a lot. I'm still not sure if he ends up being a top 4 guy but I would say he's got a decent shot at it.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought that Jaros and Duclair were our two most dynamic and noticeable players. Tierney obviously was energized as well.

Those two roster filling bums we picked up recently, Oscar something and that little Ryan Shannon looking dude - totally useless, both of them. Zero puck possession, zero impact on the game. It's embarrassing that we even have to dress guys like this.

McDavid? Oh my. Every time that guy touches the puck, he makes things happen. The acceleration, the vision he has - it's a real treat to watch in person. It's such a shame we didn't have NHLers at the Olympics, because watching this guy do his thing surrounded by other top end talent would be incredible. Tonight, for instance, he's making passes to Zack Kassian, who is too dumb to realize that he was a) open, and b) playing with McDavid.

Yes, I know we got victimized by a couple of questionable calls, but overall we still can't score and were full value for another loss. This team won't win another game this year - the lack of talent and steady growth in the number of passengers will see to that .

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
McDavid was a muffin in his own end. He basically looked around while we cycled nonstop early in the first.
He's great on the attack, but is unable to process the defensive side of the game. Much is clear now.

Our team is super meh, but at least we were in close with a perennial disappointment of a franchise.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Why did Tierney get thrown out?

But alas, on the positive our veteran core leader and face of the franchise got his first goal of the season:banana::hockey::hyper:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
McDavid was a muffin in his own end. He basically looked around while we cycled nonstop early in the first.
He's great on the attack, but is unable to process the defensive side of the game. Much is clear now.

Our team is super meh, but at least we were in close with a perennial disappointment of a franchise.
im not sure how to take this,

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Well, I wore my Melnyk out jersey and I made it about 15 feet until staff approached me and took it away lol. I guess I should have expected it. Fun game to watch anyways

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
1 noticeable thing yesterday is that there's been cuts to the CTC staff. Noticeable ones.

The traffic was brutal from Kanata Centrum to CTC. Took us 50 minutes. Missed first 10min of the game. We get to the parking gate to find 1 out of three parking booths were operating. Ridiculous.

And have ushers disappeared?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad