GDT: CLASH OF CHAMPIONS (September 25, 2016) -- Can Raw out-do Backlash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
The LAW saying TJ Perkins' WWE persona is based off Little Mac from NES Punch-Out. And I didn't think I could like that whole presentation more than I already did.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
WWE has done nothing to even introduce Bayley's character. She's just this woman who got called up. If somebody eats pins and has no promos they are a jobber, not an underdog.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Truthfully, I don't like the Bayley character or really anything about it. I think she's a very talented wrestler but I just don't get her character's appeal. Granted I'm not who that character is aimed at. But I just don't see that character translating to the main roster.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
The LAW theorizing that Austin Aries could be the perfect addition to the cruiserweight division as an ultra heel.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LAW wants Aries up to be the top heel for the cruiserweights.

Something I thought there were going to do in the first place. The division needs a super jerk heel

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Aries is so money. That guy could be a younger Jericho and be a HUGE star on the main roster. He was the reason I watched TNA for a bit while he was there.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm still incredibly depressed Sheamoose and Cesaro didn't tie up again after the pull apart. We're talking about a Brock Lesnar F-5ing Michael Cole level of pop here that was missed.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Truthfully, I don't like the Bayley character or really anything about it. I think she's a very talented wrestler but I just don't get her character's appeal. Granted I'm not who that character is aimed at. But I just don't see that character translating to the main roster.

It may or may not work on the main roster. The only thing that is certain is that it definitely won't work if she continues to be in the backround of Sasha and Charlotte's feud.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It may or may not work on the main roster. The only thing that is certain is that it definitely won't work if she continues to be in the backround of Sasha and Charlotte's feud.

Problem is they seem incapable of doing two full feuds for women. We saw after WM they squandered a lot of Sasha's heat by just taking her off TV for like 3 months. They just think they can put someone into a holding pattern and it won't hurt them.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend

In my opinion, it's clear the only person who matters to WWE in that division is Charlotte and everyone else is secondary players. Imagine Vince trying to wrap his mind around the Bayley character.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I knew when that CW division was being brought back that Aries would have that ceiling put on top of his head. I hope he ends up on Smackdown so he can avoid the division but I have my doubts...

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sasha Banks isn't going to last two more years lads. At least not like how she's working now.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Problem is they seem incapable of doing two full feuds for women. We saw after WM they squandered a lot of Sasha's heat by just taking her off TV for like 3 months. They just think they can put someone into a holding pattern and it won't hurt them.

They have no trouble booking a feud for Alicia Fox and Nia Jax. It's bizarre.

In my opinion, it's clear the only person who matters to WWE in that division is Charlotte and everyone else is secondary players. Imagine Vince trying to wrap his mind around the Bayley character.

Absolutely, and it can be argued that Dana Brooke has been the 2nd most important person in the storyline. All of Charlotte's heat is being used to try to get sympathy for Dana. Nevermind Sasha and Bayley, the people are begging for a Dana face turn.

This is the divide between NXT and WWE. NXT is a show that builds feuds to a climax and it always pays off, sometimes spectacularly. With WWE, very talented workers are given nothing to work with creatively. The feuds are thrown together, nonsensical, and the payoffs either never happen or are botched. The end result is you have these amazing talents killing themselves to have a great match but all you can remember afterwards is the stupid booking.

Sheamus and Cesaro could tell you all about it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LAW expects a throw away show tomorrow, but because of the debate it isn't a knock on the interest level as they expect everyone including MNF to take a hit.

Big Dave coming up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you guys think the LAW is burnt out on the current product y'all should hear me when I talk about wrestling these days. :laugh: HFWF podcast would sound so depressing when talking about the Raw brand lmao.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Smackdown is mostly mediocre to decent. Being two hours and having better booking than Raw does it a huge favour in comparing the two. Raw just feels like same old, same old, with a thinner roster. Wonder how it would've gone if Balor hadn't gotten hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad