GDT: CLASH OF CHAMPIONS (September 25, 2016) -- Can Raw out-do Backlash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smackdown is mostly mediocre to decent. Being two hours and having better booking than Raw does it a huge favour in comparing the two. Raw just feels like same old, same old, with a thinner roster. Wonder how it would've gone if Balor hadn't gotten hurt.

I never thought I'd see the day where I pray for Balor to come back so soon. Raw needs a huge babyface presence at the top and that's Balor. Rollins character is so weird right now and the fans have no idea how to respond to him, the crowd is still mixed with Roman. Balor is completely over.

Meltzer thinking Owens/Rollins/Jericho at HIAC since the original plan was Balor/Owens/Jericho.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Smackdown is mostly mediocre to decent. Being two hours and having better booking than Raw does it a huge favour in comparing the two. Raw just feels like same old, same old, with a thinner roster. Wonder how it would've gone if Balor hadn't gotten hurt.

It would have a clear babyface on the top. Right now there is no true babyface on RAW as Seth is still in limbo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reigns out of the World title picture until at least the Rumble, possibly even longer.

Jericho may be gone soon, Meltzer isn't sure, he's returning to the studio to do a new album soon.

Reigns is "still their guy, but they know they can't pull the trigger right now".

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I also find the pedigree to be kind of heelish as a finisher. I was for it initially, but now I'm not so sure.

Everything about it isn't booked right. He is mad because he isn't HHH's puppet anymore. He is getting run down by KO and called a failure and the biggest problem is KO is right.

Seth keeps losing the big matches. The HHH payoff is like half a year away, so what do you do with him until then? It really needs to happen by Survivor Series, but they will want it at Mania. Will anyone still care by then?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Everything about it isn't booked right. He is mad because he isn't HHH's puppet anymore. He is getting run down by KO and called a failure and the biggest problem is KO is right.

Seth keeps losing the big matches. The HHH payoff is like half a year away, so what do you do with him until then? It really needs to happen by Survivor Series, but they will want it at Mania. Will anyone still care by then?

A lot of nothing matches with Jericho, Owens, probably some Rusev, tag-team with Reigns against Rusev/Owens (one of the reported plans).

How you stretch it until HHH's return sometime in the new year, I don't know, but it's going to be dreadful to watch anyway you book it considering this creative team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Company has a whole really does have a babyface problem. You have two heels as your top champs, brilliant, but still heels.

You have a questionable top babyface in Dean on SD, and pretty much no top babyface on RAW.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dean's a proven live event draw and AJ will draw no matter what, so they're fine in that regard. Raw has no draw on the heel or babyface side and it's made even worse by the fact that they failed to return Seth as a babyface where he would have excelled. I know he's only a face now because of Balor's injury, but it was still a dumb move.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Part of the problem stems way back to the fact that they waited way to long to pull the plug on Roman.

They wanted to keep going with Roman so they brought Seth back heel to be opposite of him and that was a total mistake.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wanna fix Seth Rollins? I mean really... REALLY fix Seth Rollins?

Stop his whining to anyone who will listen about how he was screwed and having the person he is talking to throw his failure after failure right back at him. It does nothing for his character because Balor was booked to carry the Raw brand over Rollins. Now you've got this big cloud of failure hanging over the top babyface of Raw as he has failed for a 4th time to win a big belt if you count Battle Ground, Summer Slam, Raw and last night. This is worse than me wanting to cheer against Rusev as heel for defending his wife's honor against Roman.

Get Rollins the hell out of the title picture ASAP and book him to start winning some fights. This unfinished business with HHH isn't gonna last until WM unless HHH himself comes out and continues to push the issue. If Balor is not good to go by the Royal Rumble then Rollins needs to be penciled in to win with a rocket strapped to his ass. Losing the big fight every PPV will not gain him any sympathy because losing the big fight is why HHH screwed him to begin with. Get that feud over with by Survivor Series. Topping HHH at Survivor Series would propel Rollins to an ungodly momentum heading into 2017 en route to a RR win and a championship win at Wrestlemania. A momentum that the Roman Empire could only have dreamed of.

I suggest also before that time he and Roman feud with the club at some point. It'll make Roman stabbing Rollins in the back post WM that much sweeter.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
well seth was hurting back stage anyway. all per WON. gut buster spot off the ropes, trouble breathing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure how I feel about a Sasha/Charlotte HIAC. I'd be legit afraid Sasha will kill herself.

Please don't, somebody's going to get hurt.

Usually they only put two matches in the cell, should be Reigns/Rusev and KO/Seth

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I really hope The Club wins the titles on Raw tonight.

I can see a title change being on the table to avoid the ratings vacuum that will happen due to MNF and the presidential Debate. Plus, it's day 400.

It amazes me how much commentary puts Gallows and Anderson over as legitimate competitors, and WWE is still trying to "shelter" them in losses like cheating and winning by DQ. A lot of what they're doing kinda sorta makes sense to me but the titles must change hands, it's now or never.

New Day will still sell merch without the titles, but Gallows and Anderson NEED them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After a DQ finish at Summerslam, and interference last night, why am I not supposed to root for bullet club to win the titles?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
After a DQ finish at Summerslam, and interference last night, why am I not supposed to root for bullet club to win the titles?

Not to mentioned they beat new DAy by pinfall on Raw a few weeks ago.

Really interesting how G&A keep "looking good" but never win the titles. Like I said before, Cole keeps building them up as this super credible bad ass tag team, and then they get screwed out of a championship.

Last night, everything but the last 30 seconds of that match was perfect. LOVED seeing Gallows take out E and Woods on the floor as soon as the match started. Just destroyed them. They looked like a million bucks. Anderson with the big spinebuster always seems to get a good reaction.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Really interesting how G&A keep "looking good" but never win the titles. Like I said before, Cole keeps building them up as this super credible bad ass tag team, and then they get screwed out of a championship.

Last night, everything but the last 30 seconds of that match was perfect. LOVED seeing Gallows take out E and Woods on the floor as soon as the match started. Just destroyed them. They looked like a million bucks. Anderson with the big spinebuster always seems to get a good reaction.

The Club looked strong during the match…until the end.. I would have had the Club go over at CoC hold the titles for a bit.

Gotta have another Club reunion at the duel brand PPV SS, like they did at SummerSlam. AJ with the main belt, Club with the tag titles.

Have New Day eventually get the tag titles back, to become 3x champs, turn them heel again after the RR, then set up Enzo and Cass vs New Day for the titles at Mania. Some people are sour on Enzo but their both still a super popular team and should get a run with the tag titles, win the gold at Mania and let em run with them for a while.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Even though I think Enzo/Cass vs. New Day is the way to go at Mania, that's a looooong time to keep them separated especially on a show lacking tag teams. They can make it work though if they lose the belts tonight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They're willing to have Cole build them up so much that they're willing to put over New Japan to do it.

Corey Graves had an excellent night last night. Vince wasn't in his ear telling him to cover up that botched tornado DDT spot between Zayn and Jericho

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Even though I think Enzo/Cass vs. New Day is the way to go at Mania, that's a looooong time to keep them separated especially on a show lacking tag teams. They can make it work though if they lose the belts tonight.

Don't have it for the tag belts.

Or do a 3-way ladder match.

Have The Club win at HIAC, and then defend at SS, then do a Club vs Enzo/Cass thing, and have it boil into a triple threat tag team match'

Enzo/Cass can finally win at WrestleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad