Clarke MacArthur suffers concussion in Training Camp scrimmage

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
a team scrimmage is pretty much a practice with more people watching...your still practicing with teammates...when your playing with teammates you dont expect to be hit like that, and you also dont hit like that

Some have said that Matt Martin isn't playing up to tempo.

The reason his, these are his teammates, and he doesn't need to use his bread and butter...until he plays, against others teams.

How come Martin knows, but the Sens, didn't ask the same thing.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
lol friggin posters here still saying oh the hits not that bad, oh thats a good hit

and u know what, if that was a game, ya u can say wow not only was that a good hit, thats a great hit and would get fans going, cus he crushed him, though it looked high and clarke didnt see it coming at all

but then thats the problem, why would u dish out such a great hit, like he filled him out pretty good...why the f u do that in a team practice game, against a teammate lol...the guys a little dumb

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Just a terrible situation all the way around.

I have no problem with the hit per se. Even if Sieloff knew who he was hitting, he probably didn't know Mac's history of concussions. I do have a problem with the circumstances; a Fan Fest team scrimmage 3 days into camp is the wrong time to show off your physical game to the coaching staff.

Regardless of the nature of the hit, I hope Mac retires. Family, and life in general, are far more important than hockey.

For the benefit of the Sens and Sieloff himself, he should be traded. Their relationship has already been irreparably damaged.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
That's wonderful, you can still show intensity without throwing a hit like that against a teammate.

Depends who's definition of intensity we are using. Bobby Ryans? Burkes? Jay Bouwmesters? Boucher wanted his players to go hard should've maybe put a disclaimer on that if he didn't want players to go at game pace.

Throwing a hit is a good show of intensity. He made a decision to activate and go for a high risk pick because he wanted to "make a play" so he could win a roster spot. Unfortunately the situation turned really sour.

rileymac79

Nov 18, 2009
Winnipeg
laying out that kind of hit in a scrimmage is fine though?

When you're tryin to crack a roster, you're not going out there to play like a softy. There is a reason why MacArthur has a history of concussions. He has a history of not keeping his head up, and leaving himself in vulnerable positions.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
That's wonderful, you can still show intensity without throwing a hit like that against a teammate.

Lol yeah, a lot of people on this thread acting like Boucher would've cut him if he didn't ****ing headshot his own teammate and end his career. Like, I think Boucher would understand if you decided not to ****ing level him like that.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Pretty stupid play! I feel bad for Mac I was thinking he was gonna be a big players for the Sens getting back into the playoffs this upcoming year.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When you're tryin to crack a roster, you're not going out there to play like a softy. There is a reason why MacArthur has a history of concussions. He has a history of not keeping his head up, and leaving himself in vulnerable positions.

I'm not sure a scrimmage for the fans is the place where you are gonna crack the roster. Are you familiar with any of MacArthur's concussions? Sure as hell doesn't sound like it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
This is so ridiculous.

Rather break my leg than have 10 concussions though, sure.

Not ridiculous. Mac missed an entire season with concussion symptoms that he will continue to have and get worse as he ages.

Breaking a leg doesnt make it easier to break your leg in the future, it actually ends up stronger than it was before (dont quote me on that...it may be a myth lol)

rileymac79

Nov 18, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm not sure a scrimmage for the fans is the place where you are gonna crack the roster. Are you familiar with any of MacArthur's concussions? Sure as hell doesn't sound like it.

yeah I am aware of MacArthurs concussions, and you think he would be now too.. yet he still plays the same.. head down and leaving himself in vulnerable positions..

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
yeah I am aware of MacArthurs concussions, and you think he would be now too.. yet he still plays the same.. head down and leaving himself in vulnerable positions..

Seems to me you were suggesting MacArthur has so many concussions because he leaves his head down and puts himself in a vulnerable position. Yet in the past his concussions have not be a result of him being lauded out because he has his head down.

Brownies

lol friggin posters here still saying oh the hits not that bad, oh thats a good hit

and u know what, if that was a game, ya u can say wow not only was that a good hit, thats a great hit and would get fans going, cus he crushed him, though it looked high and clarke didnt see it coming at all

but then thats the problem, why would u dish out such a great hit, like he filled him out pretty good...why the f u do that in a team practice game, against a teammate lol...the guys a little dumb

If Sieloff isn't playing as hard as he can right now, he might as well pack things up already and go home. If he can catch Karlsson admiring his skates, it's his job to hit him. Guys are fighting for their career in training camps.

That being said, I'm a big Macarthur fan and wish him all the best. He's a real spark plug when healty.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, it's tough to tell a physical guy on the bubble in the league to let up when you're fighting for a job.

That being said, the one guy you do have to watch out for is the guy with the chronic concussion history.

Regardless, the sad truth is that even had he been wearing a red shirt in practice, Mac would eventually have to go up against opposing players looking to take his head off.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If Sieloff isn't playing as hard as he can right now, he might as well pack things up already and go home. If he can catch Karlsson admiring his skates, it's his job to hit him. Guys are fighting for their career in training camps.

That being said, I'm a big Macarthur fan and wish him all the best. He's a real spark plug when healty.

There's a difference between playing hard and being an idiot. You don't have to dish out big hits on your teammates to play hard. Don't be stupid, things wouldn't go over well if Sieloff layed out Karlsson. I vaguely recall something happening between minor league enforcer Francis Lessard and Stephan Da Costa in a practice, IIRC it didn't take long for Lessard to be gone.

member 157595

I have no problem with a hit like that in a preseason game from a young guy trying to make the team, and certainly during the games that count for real. But in an intersquad scrimmage? Against your own team? In my opinion, that's pretty damn stupid and reckless, and Sieloff's going to pay the price for it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Update on MacArthur:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago
Darren Dreger Retweeted Ian Mendes
All will be cautious for obvious reasons, but told he's feeling better than most expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad